Could not determine your location.
Hog Trough Fire
- Hog Trough Fire InformationEmail:email@example.comPhone:406-200-8980Hours:Daily 8am-8pm
Hog Trough Fire Update September 3, 2022
Hog Trough Fire
News - 09/03/2022
September 3, 2022
Start Date: 7/17/2022
Size: 1,701 acres
Today, September 3rd, 2022 is the last working day for the Western Montana All Hazards Incident Management Team. The Hog Trough Fire will transition to the local unit on September 4th where resources will patrol the area and continue suppression repair work. The Western Montana All Hazards Incident Management Team would like to thank the cooperating agencies, residents and partners for the all the support throughout the incident.
The Pintler Ranger District of the Beaverhead Deerlodge National Forest rescinded the area closure associated with the Hog Trough Fire. The Darby Ranger District of the Bitterroot National Forest modified their area closure. See below for more closure information.
Fire behavior on the Hog Trough Fire as been minimal, thus updates will be made only as needed.
WEATHER AND FIRE BEHAVIOR
Fire behavior is expected to remain low. A high-pressure system will persist until Wednesday September 7th where the area will see cooler temperatures and higher relative humidity values.
CLOSURES AND SPECIAL MESSAGES
Specific closure information can be found at https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/8258/.
· Skalkaho Highway (Highway 38) is open.
· Forest Service Road #711 is OPEN at the junction of Skalkaho Highway, including the ancillary roads leading from the 711 Road.
· Rye Creek Road (Forest Service Road #75) is now fully OPEN.
· Forest Service Road #5070 is CLOSED from Maukey Trail #80171 south to the end of the road.
· Forest Service Road #5071 is CLOSED from Bowles Creek south to the end of the road.
· Railroad Creek, National Forest System Trail #77 to Trail #313 at the gate.
· Weasel Creek, National Forest System Trail #156 from milepost 0.00 at its junction with NFSR #461.
· A section of the Bitterroot Rock Creek Divide Trail #313, National Forest System Trail #313 where it intersects Trail #77 Railroad Creek, Weasel Creek Trail #156.
· Skalkaho Creek – Jerry Lake Trail #503, National Forest System Trail #503.
Fire Restrictions:· Stage 2 Fire Restrictions on all Bitterroot National Forest lands in Montana. See mtfireinfo.org for more specific restrictions information.