Could not determine your location.
Hog Trough Fire
- Hog Trough Fire InformationEmail:email@example.comPhone:406-200-8980Hours:Daily 8am-8pm
Hog Trough Fire Daily Update September 2, 2022
Hog Trough Fire
News - 09/03/2022
Start Date: 7/17/2022 Cause: Lightning Size: 1,701 acres Completion: 77%
Total Personnel: 80 Engines: 2 Helicopters: 1 Crews: 2
The Pintler Ranger District of the Beaverhead Deerlodge National Forest rescinded the area closure associated with the Hog Trough Fire. However, the last two miles of Forest Service Road #5070 is closed from Maukey Trail #80171 south to the end of the road. Forest Service road #5071 is closed from Bowles Creek south to the end of the road. This is due to crews completing fire suppression repair work.
The Darby Ranger District of the Bitterroot National Forest modified their closure area. A closure area is still in effect; however, Forest Service Road #75, Rye Creek Road, is now fully open. Also, Forest Service Road #711 and its ancillary roads are now fully open.
There is minimal fire behavior on the Hog Trough Fire. Crews will ensure the fire remains within burn scars from previous fires by looking for hot spots and signs of increasing fire behavior as the area starts to dry out.
WEATHER AND FIRE BEHAVIOR
Temperatures will range from 73-78 degrees on Thursday. West winds ranging from 5-15 mph will develop this afternoon. Daytime humidity will dry fuels and overnight recovery will be poor. Fire behavior is expected to remain minimal.
CLOSURES AND SPECIAL MESSAGES
Specific closure information can be found at https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/8258/.
· Skalkaho Highway (Highway 38) is open.
· Forest Service Road #711 is OPEN at the junction of Skalkaho Highway, including the ancillary roads leading from the 711 Road.
· Rye Creek Road (Forest Service Road #75) is now fully OPEN.
· Forest Service Road #5070 is CLOSED from Maukey Trail #80171 south to the end of the road.
· Forest Service Road #5071 is CLOSED from Bowles Creek south to the end of the road.
· Railroad Creek, National Forest System Trail #77 to Trail #313 at the gate.
· Weasel Creek, National Forest System Trail #156 from milepost 0.00 at its junction with NFSR #461.
· A section of the Bitterroot Rock Creek Divide Trail #313, National Forest System Trail #313 where it intersects Trail #77 Railroad Creek, Weasel Creek Trail #156.
· Skalkaho Creek – Jerry Lake Trail #503, National Forest System Trail #503.
Fire Restrictions:· Stage 2 Fire Restrictions on all Bitterroot National Forest lands in Montana. See mtfireinfo.org for more specific restrictions information.