Could not determine your location.
- Amy BaumerPhone:208-756-7853
- Moose Fire InformationEmail:firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone:208-756-7853Hours:M-F 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Moose Fire Update for Monday, September 26
News - 11/02/2022
Moose Fire Daily Update for September 26, 2022
Today, Monday, September 26, we will host a community meeting at the Idaho Fish & Game Office located at 99 US Highway 93, Salmon, ID 83467. The start time will be 6:00 p.m. for those who wish to attend. The meeting will be filmed and posted to the Salmon-Challis National Forest Facebook page for those who prefer to view the meeting virtually. If you cannot attend the meeting in person but would like to submit a question, you can email your question(s) to email@example.com before Noon on September 26, 2022.
Crews will engage hot areas along the fire edge where it is safe to do so. In addition, fire crews will patrol the roadways along the Salmon River on the northwest flank of the burn area and perform road improvements where needed. Suppression repair is ongoing in numerous areas including along Ridge Road and near Leesburg. Resource Advisors (READs) will continue coordinating with operations personnel and private landowners in the area.
Dry weather, moderate temperatures, and light winds should continue moderating fire growth. Crews have completed suppression work in the municipal watershed and are providing fire lookouts in strategic locations. Additionally, firefighters are working to backhaul unneeded equipment and are assisting with suppression repair
Logging slash removal work in the powerline corridor east of Leesburg is ongoing. As a result, a temporary power outage may occur in the coming days. Idaho Power is closely communicating with the incident management team and will alert affected customers.
EVACUATIONS: Zone 1 remains in “SET” status today, while Zones 11, 12, and 13 are stable in “READY” status. Beartrack Mine and Leesburg also remain in “READY” status at this time. As a reminder, the evacuation status has been rescinded for Zones 3, 4, 7, 8, and 10. The Incident Management Team will continue to work closely with the Sheriff’s Office to consider changes to the evacuation status. Additional details are at: https://bit.ly/LemhiCountyEvacs
CLOSURES AND RESTRICTIONS: A Salmon-Challis National Forest closure order was updated on September 19. It reduces the closure area lands north of Williams Creek and Deep Creek Roads, east of Panther Creek Road, and south of North Fork Ranger District/Salmon-Cobalt Ranger District. The closure includes national forest service lands pertaining to certain roads, trails, and a defined geographic area around the fire. See Moose Fire Emergency Area, Road, and Trail Closure, Order #04-13-22-512, for a complete description. This closure applies to hunting access, firewood cutting and gathering, fishing, hiking, camping, and other recreational activities.
- Public Lands north of the town of Salmon, south of Wallace Creek, and west of the Salmon River administered by the Salmon Field Office, Bureau of Land Management (BLM) are temporarily Closed.
- Stage 1 Fire restrictions are in effect on the Salmon-Challis National Forest, BLM, and State of Idaho lands in Custer and Lemhi Counties, excluding wilderness areas.
- For more information about area hunting units, please visit the Idaho Fish and Game fire map: https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/maps/realtime/fire/ or the Idaho Fish and Game Salmon Region Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/IDFG.salmon.