Could not determine your location.
- Local Fire Information: 211Email:email@example.comPhone:530-264-8309Hours:8 a.m. - 8 p.m., daily
Mosquito Fire Update - 9/27/22
News - 09/27/2022
Total Personnel: 1,264
Containment on the Mosquito fire remains at 85% as crews work on fire line construction, mop-up and suppression repair operations. Ground and air resources are utilizing direct engagement when possible along the eastern edge of the fire, including the steep terrain of the Rubicon drainage and along the North Fork of the Middle Fork of the American River. Patrol and mop-up operations in support of the incident’s full suppression strategy continue throughout the affected areas of the fire. A period of relatively hot and dry conditions peaked yesterday, giving way to an upcoming trend of cooler weather with improving humidity levels. Temperatures will peak in the mid- to upper-80s, with humidity levels in the lower 30s. Weather conditions over the next few days support limited fire growth. Significant suppression repair and hazard tree abatement work remain a priority for incident managers as fire containment increases. Multiple suppression repair groups are operating throughout the fire footprint repairing dozer lines, backhauling excess equipment, and other repair operations as needed. Crews are actively conducting hazard tree abatement with the goal of reducing safety risks and forest restoration. A virtual community meeting will be held tonight, Tuesday, September 27 at 7:00 p.m. on the following websites: tinyurl.com/MosquitoFire or on Facebook @TahoeNF or @eldoradoNF. You are encouraged to submit your questions in advance via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· For Placer County Road closures, visit ReadyPlacer.org
· For El Dorado County road closures, visit EDCGov.us
NATIONAL FOREST CLOSURES
National Forest System lands, roads, and trails in the vicinity of the Mosquito Fire are closed under multiple orders. Maps are included in the Orders linked below.
· Rubicon Jeep Trail: Tahoe National Forest Order No. 17-22-10 (tinyurl.com/3uapupe5),
· Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit Order No. 19-22-07 (tinyurl.com/2p9ckfcr)
· Tahoe National Forest Order No. 17-22-09 (tinyurl.com/2dfxw6v9)
· Eldorado National Forest Order No. 03-22-17 (tinyurl.com/3rtd9rm9)