Containment increased to 66% with additional containment line achieved west of Red Lake and south of Big Meadows Road. No fire growth occurred yesterday; acreage remains at 21,349.
The Lake County Sheriff’s Office and Lake Mary Ronan State Park updated evacuations and closures effective at 12:00 AM on Wednesday, August 10, 2022.
· Pre-evacuation warnings have been lifted for residents along Lake Mary Ronan Road (Hwy 352) west of Dayton Creek Road.
· Pre-evacuation warnings have been lifted for residents of Chief Cliff Lane, Black Lake Road, Big Meadows Road, and Dayton Creek Road.
· Camp Tuffit Road/West Shore Road remains under evacuation order and closed to all traffic.
· The entirety of Lake Mary Ronan Road (Hwy 352) and all arterial roads are open to residents and non-residents.
· Speed limits on Lake Mary Ronan Road (Hwy 352) are reduced to 35 mph.
· The Boat Ramp at the Elmo Fishing Access Site and Lake Mary Ronan State Park are OPEN.
Area Closures and Restrictions
· The Flathead Indian Reservation Confederated Salish & Kootenai Tribes and Lake County are currently under Stage 1 Fire Restrictions.
Current and Planned Activity
Crews made progress on containment line yesterday and expect another favorable day for further securing the fireline. Firefighters on the west side of the fire found no heat within 120 to 200 feet into the interior of the fire. To prepare the southwest side of the fire for patrol status, firefighters are beginning to remove hose and equipment. On the northwest end of the fire, crews are focused on areas still holding heat within 120 feet of the fireline. Firefighters are locating and extinguishing areas of remaining heat with saw work and large water handling operations using hoses, engines, skidgines, and water tenders. On the northeast and east portions of the fire, firefighters work to eliminate heat and hazards to secure the edge of the fire and increase containment in the area. Suppression repair opportunities are being identified for roads, fences, and dozer lines.
Fire statistics to date: 54 miles of fire perimeter, 2.5 miles of hose deployed, approximately 2.5 million gallons of water dropped from aircraft, and 482,000 gallons of fire retardant dropped.
Weather:Partly cloudy with temps 88 to 93, and southwest winds ranging from 5-10 mph. RH values will be 23-28%. Slight chance of showers expected late afternoon or evening.