Truxton Canyon Agency
Bureau of Indian Affairs
13067 East Highway 66 Valentine Arizona 86437
Valentine, AZ , AZ 86437
Hours: M-F 8-8 SS 8-8
Public Line: 928-275-4093 Hours: 8 am – 8 pm (MST) Email: 2022.Cfirstname.lastname@example.org
Rain and humidity helped firefighting efforts on the C3 Fire
Daily Update July 26, 2022
Acres: 1242 acres Start Date: Thursday, July 21, 2022
Location: Hualapai Reservation Cause: Under Investigation
Containment: 5% Fuels: Mixed Woodland
Fire activity on the C3 Fire has moderated due to increased humidity and thunderstorms. Scattered thunderstorms developed in the fire area yesterday, producing heavy rain mid-morning. While heavy fuels continue to burn and smolder, the damp conditions have diminished fire activity and minimized fire growth. As grass and shrubs absorb moisture associated with higher humidity, they will become harder to burn.
Hand crews are constructing containment line from the southern flank northward. Due to continued rains and to minimize impacts to roads in the fire area, firefighters will be accessing the fire on UTVs where feasible. Suppression activities will continue where appropriate as conditions allow.
For safety and protection, the public is encouraged to stay out of the area for their safety and for the safety of emergency responders. There is increased fire traffic in the community of Peach Springs and along roadways as they travel to the fire, please be cautious if driving in these areas.
Resources Assigned: 4 – Type 1 Crews, 1 – Type 2 Crew, 4 – Engines, 2 – Helicopters, 2 - Dozers
Weather: Monsoon moisture will remain across the region through the week. This will bring chances for thunderstorms with an increased potential for flash flooding each day with daytime temperatures in the mid-70s.
Fire Restrictions: Stage 1 Fire Restrictions are in effect on the Hualapai Indian Reservations. Prohibited during Stage 1:
• Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire and warming fire; except in campgrounds or picnic ground where gas grills or fire rings are provided.
• Outside trash burning.
• Operating or using any internal or external combustion engine without a spark-arresting device properly installed, maintained and in effective working order.
• Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least 3 feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable material.
• Open burning, i.e., burning of cropland, fields, rangeland, debris, slash piles, wood chips, is prohibited.
• Fireworks are band within the Hualapai reservation.
For more information on prohibited activities or exemptions, please contact Hualapai Tribal Forestry and Wildland Fire Management at 928-769-2312 or visit: https://hualapai-nsn.gov/
InciWeb C3 Fire Information visit: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/8276/