Prescott National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
344 S Cortez St
Prescott, AZ 86303
Crooks Fire Information
Hours: M-F 8am to 4pm
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
U.S. FOREST SERVICE PRESCOTT NATIONAL FOREST
BRADSHAW RANGER DISTRICT
CROOKS FIRE PUBLIC SAFETY CLOSURE – REDUCTION (3rd)
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(a), the following acts are prohibited within the area described in this Order (the “Restricted Area”) and as depicted on the attached map, hereby incorporated into this Order as Exhibit A, within the Bradshaw Ranger District, Prescott National Forest, Yavapai County, Arizona.
1. Going into or being upon the Restricted Area. 36 C.F.R. § 261.53(e).
EXEMPTIONS Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Persons with a written Forest Service authorization specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or Local Officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting resource in the performance of an official duty.
3. Residents, owners and lessees of private property within the Restricted Area are allowed ingress and egress only to and from their properties.
RESTRICTED AREA The Restricted Area consists of all National Forest System lands, waters, roads, and trails within the boundary starting at the intersection of National Forest System Road (FR) 52A and County Road (CR) 56, also referred to as Senator Highway, then following east along FR 52A for approximately 4 miles to the intersection with FR 9404R, then following southeast along FR 9404R for approximately 1 mile to the intersection with FR 9404H, then following southwest along FR 9404H for approximately 1 mile to the non-Forest Service ownership boundary, then following southwest along the non-Forest Service ownership boundary for approximately 4 miles to the junction with CR 56, then following north along CR 56 for approximately 3 miles to the intersection with National Forest System Trail (FT) 307, then following east along FT 307 for approximately 2 miles to the non-Forest Service ownership boundary, then following north along the non-Forest Service ownership boundary for approximately 0.5 miles to the junction with FR 9406K, then following northwest along FR 9406K for approximately 0.5 miles to the intersection with FR 76, then following north and west along FR 76 approximately 0.5 miles to the non-Forest Service ownership boundary, then following north and west, then north again along the non-Forest Service ownership boundary for approximately 1 mile to the intersection with CR 56, then following north along CR 56 approximately 0.5 miles back to the point of beginning at the intersection of CR 56 “Senator Highway” and FR 52A.
To provide for public and fire fighter health and safety due to firefighting operations and fire danger associated with the Crooks Fire.
IMPLEMENTATION 1. This Order will be effective on May 18, 2022, at 8:00 a.m. and shall remain in effect until 6:00 p.m. on June 18th, 2022, or until rescinded, whichever occurs first.
2. A map identifying the Restricted Area is attached and made part of this Order as Exhibit A. For a digital version of the Order map for the Prescott National Forest, navigate to https://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/prescott/alerts-notices.
3. Any violation of the prohibitions in this Order is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of not more than $5,000 for individuals and $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment for not more than six (6) months, or both (see 16 U.S.C. § 551, 18 U.S.C. § 3571(b)(6), 18 U.S.C. § 3581(b)(7)).
4. Further information regarding this Order may be obtained at the Bradshaw Ranger District Office located in Prescott, Arizona, telephone number 928 443-8000, and at the Prescott National Forest Supervisor’s Office in Chino Valley, telephone number 928 777-2200.
5. This Order supersedes Order 03-09-03-22-06, dated May 7, 2022.
Done at Chino Valley, AZ, this 17th day of May 2022.