Las Vegas –The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Flood Advisory for portions of north central and northeast New Mexico; this includes northern parts of the Hermits Peak Calf Canyon burn scar.
· WHAT... Arroyo and small stream flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
· WHERE... Portions of north central and northeast New Mexico, including the following counties, in north central New Mexico, Santa Fe. In northeast New Mexico, San Miguel.
· WHEN... Until 1030 PM MDT.
· IMPACTS... Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
· ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 833 PM MDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to thunderstorms. This will cause arroyo and small stream flooding. Between 0.5 and 1.5 inches of rain have fallen.
- Additional rainfall amounts up to 0.5 inches are expected over the area, adding to the potential for minor flooding.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include... Eastern Santa Fe, Hyde Memorial State Park, Canada De Los Alamos, Tesuque and Glorieta.
- This includes the following recreation areas... Big Tesuque Campground, Black Canyon Campground, Glorieta Campground and Hyde Memorial State Park.