FOREST ORDER NO. 0513-21-35
SEQUOIA NATIONAL FOREST
GIANT SEQUOIA NATIONAL MONUMENT
WESTERN DIVIDE RANGER DISTRICT
WINDY FIRE AREA, ROADS, AND TRAILS CLOSURE
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(a) and (b), and to provide for public safety, the following acts are prohibited within the Western Divide Ranger District of the Sequoia National Forest. This Forest Order is effective from October 9, 2021, through December 31, 2021.
1. Going into or being upon National Forest System lands within the Windy Fire Closure Area, as described in Exhibit A and shown on Exhibit B. 36 C.F.R. § 261.52(e).
2. Being on any National Forest System road within the Windy Fire Closure Area, as shown on Exhibit B. 36 C.F.R. § 261.54(e).
3. Being on any National Forest System trail within the Windy Fire Closure Area as shown Exhibit B. 36 C.F.R. § 261.55(a).
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire-fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
2. Persons with Forest Service Permit No. FS-7700-48 (Permit for Use of Roads, Trails, or Areas Restricted by Regulation or Order), specifically exempting them from this Order.
3. Owners or lessees of private land within the Wind Fire Closure Area, to the extent necessary to access their land.
4. Residents of the Windy Fire Closure Area, to the extent necessary to access their residences.
A violation of these prohibitions is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment for not more than six months, or both.
16 U.S.C. § 551 and 18 U.S.C. §§ 3559, 3571, and 3581.
Executed in Porterville, California, this 8th day of October, 2021.
Sequoia National Forest
This Order supersedes Forest Order No. 0513-21-32, dated September 19, 2021.