Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(a) and (b), and to provide for public safety, the following acts are prohibited within the Ukonom Ranger District of the Klamath National Forest, Administered by the Six Rivers National Forest.
This Order is effective from October 16, 2021, through November 10, 2021.
1. Going into or being upon National Forest System lands within the McCash Fire Closure Area, as described in Exhibit A and shown on the attached map. 36 C.F.R. § 261.52(e).
2. Being on any National Forest System road within the McCash Fire Closure Area, as described in Exhibit A and shown on the attached map. 36 C.F.R. § 261.54(e).
3. Being on any National Forest System trail within the McCash Fire Closure Area, as identified and shown on the attached map. 36 C.F.R. § 261.55(a).
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Persons with Forest Service Permit No. FS-7700-48 (Permit for Use of Roads, Trails, or Areas Restricted by Regulation or Order), specifically exempting them from this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire-fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
3. Owners or lessees of land in the area, to the extent necessary to access their land.
These prohibitions are in addition to the general prohibitions in 36 C.F.R. Part 261, Subpart A.
A violation of these prohibitions is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or both. 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 18 U.S.C. §§ 3559, 3571, and 3581.
Ted O. McArthur
Forest Supervisor, Six Rivers National Forest