Shasta-Trinity National Forest Forest Order No. 14-21-35
Six Rivers National Forest Forest Order No. 21-10-13
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(a) and (b), and to provide for public safety, the following acts are prohibited within the Shasta-Trinity National Forest and Six Rivers National Forest. This Order is effective from September 25, 2021, through October 31, 2021.
1. Going into or being upon any National Forest System lands within the Monument/Knob Fire Closure Area, as described in Exhibit A and shown on Exhibit B. 36 C.F.R. § 261.52(e).
2. Being on any National Forest System road within the Monument/Knob Fire Closure Area, as listed in Exhibit C. 36 C.F.R. § 261.54(e).
3. Being on any National Forest System trail within the Monument/Knob Fire Closure Area, as listed in Exhibit C. 36 C.F.R. § 261.55(a).
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Persons with Forest Service Permit No. FS-7700-48 (Permit for Use of Roads, Trails, or Areas Restricted by Regulation or Order), specifically exempting them from this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire-fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
3. Owners or lessees of land, to the extent necessary to access their land.
These prohibitions are in addition to the general prohibitions in 36 C.F.R. Part 261, Subpart A.
A violation of these prohibitions is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment for not more than six months, or both. 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 18 U.S.C. §§ 3559, 3571, and 3581.
Executed at Redding, California and Eureka this 24th day of September, 2021.
Shasta-Trinity National Forest
TED O. McARTHUR
Six Rivers National Forest
This Forest Order supersedes the Shasta-Trinity Forest Order No. 14-21-30 and Six Rivers Order No. 21-10-11, which were issued on August 7, 2021.