Forest Order No. 05-11-00-21-16USDA Forest Service Plumas National ForestFeather River and Mt. Hough Ranger DistrictsPhases 1 and 2 Expanded Dixie Fire Emergency Area, Road, Trail, andDeveloped Recreation Site Closure Order
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(a) and (b), and to provide for public safety, the following acts are prohibited in the Plumas National Forest. This Order is effective from July 24, 2021, through September 30, 2021.
1. Going into or being on National Forest System lands within the Dixie Fire Closure Phase 1 and Phase 2 Areas as described in Exhibit A and shown on the attached map (Exhibit B). 36 C.F.R. § 261.52(e).
2. Being on any National Forest System road within the Dixie Fire Closure Phase 1 Phase 2 Areas as described in Exhibit A and shown on the attached map (Exhibit B). 36 C.F.R. § 261.54(e).
3. Being on the following National Forest System trails as described in Exhibit A and shown on the attached map (Exhibit B):
4. Entering or using the Meadow Camp, Rock Creek, or Deanes Valley Developed Recreation Site campgrounds as described in Exhibit A and shown on the attached map (Exhibit B). 36 C.F.R. § 261.58(b).
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Any Federal, State or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
2. Persons with a Forest Service Permit No. FS-7700-48 (Permit for Use of Roads, Trails, or Areas Restricted by Regulation or Order), specifically exempting them from this Order.
These prohibitions are in addition to the general prohibitions in 36 C.F.R. Part 261, Subpart A.
A violation of these prohibitions is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment for not more than six months, or both. 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 18 U.S.C. §§ 3559, 3571, and 3581.
Executed in Quincy, California, this 23rd day of July 2021.
Plumas Forest Supervisor
This Order supersedes Forest Order No. 05-11-00-21-15, dated on July 20, 2021.