FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 15, 2021 at 1:00 P.M.
The evacuation warning for the following areas has been lifted:
● East side of Mt. Hough, east to Tower Rock and the south edge of Genesee. Includes Emigrant Rd. Zone [PLU Zone 16A]
● Grizzly/Tower: Beckwourth Genesee Rd south of Antelope Lake Rd to Grizzly Ridge and North of Argentine Lookout [Plu Zone 21]
● ALL OF GENESEE VALLEY [PLU Zone 28]
● Antelope, includes the area surrounding Antelope Lake. [PLU Zone 30]
● The unpopulated area of Babcock Crossing, Elephants Playground, and Murdock Crossing areas. [PLU Zone 31]
● North of Mt. Jackson to the edge of Plumaa Zone 33. [Plumas Zone 32-D]
● Ingalis: South of Beckwourth Genesee Road to the NW side of Lake Davis along Grizzly Ridge to the west and including the Walker Mine [PLU Zone 33]
● Beckwourth Genesee Road north of Dixie Valley Road, north to the Plumas Lassen County Line. [PLU Zone 34]
● North of Lake Davis from the intersection of Beckwourth-Taylorsville Road and the Bagley pass Road, north to Zone 31 [PLU 35-A]
● Lake Davis, north of Lake Davis Road to Gate Place, includes all sides of Lake Davis [PLU 35-B]
● Lake Davis Road at Bitter Brush east to Grizzly Road and south to Grizzly Road near Old Grizzly Road [PLU 35-C]
● Penman Peak northeast to Smith Peak. [PLU Zone 36-D]
● East of Crocker Mountain toward Reconnaissance Peak and Dixie Mountain and from the Beckwourth Genesee Road at 23N53 north to 28N01 [PLU 37]
● North side of Portola. Hwy 70 at West Street east to Hwy 70 at A23 and everything north to the southern edge of 35-B (south of Lake Davis) [PLU 42-D]
● Sugar Loaf: Frenchman Road near Bloomer Lake Road, north to the county line, and the Plumas side of Doyle Grade [PLU Zone 43-A]
● Frenchman lake and all areas adjacent, including Frenchman Cove, Frenchman Village and Dooley [PLU 43-B]
For the current evacuation zone map, visit: community.zonehaven.com
This area is deemed safe from active fire though residents should stay alert to changing conditions.
Remember the fire is still active within the burned area and you may see spots of smoke. Fire personnel will still be actively working the interior and edges of the fire. Expect to see hotspots for some time. Do not call 911 to report unless there is an immediate threat to life or property.
Be vigilant to weather and wind conditions and take any future orders seriously, should they change.
Just because the flames are out doesn’t mean the danger is over. Damaged trees/terrain and flash flooding are just some of the dangers that exist after a wildfire. DO NOT put yourself or your loved ones in danger by exploring.
While returning home and while fire personnel remain in the area use caution, reduce your speed, drive with your headlights on and yield to emergency personnel.
·National forest closures remain in effect.
Though the area is deemed accessible, critical infrastructure has been severely interrupted. Water sources may have been affected. Please contact your water service provider with any questions.
Plumas County is providing the following information to victims of the fire:
Residents with unaffected structures may inhabit them.
Anyone accessing burned properties should use extreme caution and are highly discouraged from disturbing ash or burned debris. Doing so is hazardous to health and could disqualify the parcel from government assistance to clean the site. The sifting phase should occur in the next few weeks - please be patient.
The hazard and warning notices are provided for review and action on the county website under “Returning Home”:
○ Danger - Hazardous Area - Enter at Your Own Risk
○ Advisory Against Disturbing Burn Ash on Destroyed Property
○ Health and Safety Precautions for Re-Entry and Debris Removal After Fire
“Phase I” clearances of Household Hazardous Wastes (HHW) is not complete for many properties.
Please refer to the CA Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) website to determine which properties are cleared of HHW.
For more information visit https://www.plumascounty.us/2868/Dixie-Fire-Information and follow the county Facebook.