Crater Ridge Fire - Fact Sheet, September 6-7, 2021
Crater Ridge Wildfire
News – 9/6/2021
Acreage: 6,232 acres
- Firefighters spent most of the weekend engaged in suppression repair and backhauling equipment.
- On Sunday, the type 3 helicopter made multiple water drops on active smokes within the fire.
Operational plan until transition
- Crews will continue suppression repair work and monitor fire activity.
- A Type 4 incident commander will begin shadowing the current team on Monday, September 6 and assume command on Wednesday, September 8.
Fire Conditions and Weather
- Labor Day, September 6 – Highs will be in the low 70s with very low relative humidity. With the passage of a dry cold front, winds will gust to near 30 mph later in the day. A Red Flag Warning has been issued for the Bighorn Mountains and fire area from noon to 9 pm.
- Tuesday, September 7 – Sunny and cooler. Winds will be calmer with sustained speeds between 8 and 16 mph. Highs will be in the mid-60s.
County Fire Restrictions
National Forest Closures and Fire Restrictions