Crater Ridge Fire - Daily Fact Sheet, August 27. 2021
Crater Ridge Wildfire
News – 8/27/2021
- Crews made good progress again yesterday, increasing containment on the fire perimeter.
- Wyoming Type 3 Incident Management Team 2 assumed command of the incident at 6 a.m.
Operational plan for today
- Firefighters will continue direct and indirect attacks as terrain allows
- Crews will continue to attack the fire directly along the north, northeast, and south perimeters.
Fire Conditions and Weather
- A cold front will push through Friday afternoon, bringing with it cooler temperatures and a chance of showers and thunderstorms.
- On the slopes and in valleys, southwesterly winds of 8-12 mph in the morning will shift to the northwest in the afternoon, averaging 12-20 mph with gusts up to 26 mph.
- Along ridgetops, 20 mph southwesterly winds are expected.
- Gusty and erratic winds are expected as thunderstorms move into the area.
County Fire Restrictions
National Forest Closures and Fire Restrictions