Crater Ridge Fire - Daily Fact Sheet, July 31, 2021
Crater Ridge Wildfire
News – 7/31/2021
- Minimal fire activity is expected again today. Fire behavior will be mostly smoldering and creeping in jackpots of heavy fuel.
- The Type 2 Rocky Mountain Incident Management Team Blue will be working to transition management of the Crater Ridge Fire to a Type 3 organization on Monday morning.
- Contingency planning and work will continue around the area of the fire. Intel and information will be collected and passed on to the incoming fire management organization.
- The Crater Ridge Fire remains a full suppression fire. Strategically established indirect containment lines have been created and are being improved in anticipation of increased fire activity.
Operational plan for today
- Firefighters continue to construct and improve indirect fire lines, utilizing natural barriers and the use of heavy equipment is aiding them in their efforts.
- Indirect fire line is complete in Division W with 5 to 7 days of work left to complete all planned indirect fire lines, working counterclockwise around the fire.
Fire Conditions and Weather
- Seasonally cool temperatures and elevated humidity can again be expected for today, along with a chance for showers and thunderstorms.
- Air quality has improved, however smoke will still be visible across Wyoming, coming from multiple fires in states further to the west as well as to the north in Canada. View a smoke map at https://fire.airnow.gov/
County Fire Restrictions
National Forest Closures and Fire Restrictions