Crater Ridge Fire - Daily Fact Sheet, July 30, 2021
Crater Ridge Wildfire
News – 7/30/2021
- Minimal fire activity is expected today. Depending on the amount of precipitation received, the fire will actively smolder with possible creeping in dryer fuels.
- Reduced fire potential and spread are anticipated as jackpots, or concentrations of heavy fuels continue to burn.
- The Crater Ridge Fire remains a full suppression fire. Strategically established indirect containment lines have been created and are being improved in anticipation of increased fire activity.
Operational plan for today
- Division A will be monitoring fire activity and improving indirect fire lines along Boyd Ridge Road.
- Division D is monitoring fire activity in the Pumpkin Creek and Cub Creek drainages. Continuing to construct and improve indirect fire lines along Forest Service road 111.
- Division W continues with line construction on Boyd Ridge. The use of heavy equipment is aiding firefighters in widening and improving the containment lines.
Fire Conditions and Weather
- Scattered showers and thunderstorms will occur today, and into the weekend. Temperatures will remain seasonally cool and humidity will remain elevated throughout the weekend.
- Air quality improves, however smoke will still be visible across Wyoming, coming from multiple fires in states further to the west as well as to the north in Canada. View a smoke map at https://fire.airnow.gov/
County Fire Restrictions
National Forest Closures and Fire Restrictions