· At 7:00 pm on Friday October 1, the type 2 Rocky Mountain Incident Management Blue Team assumed command of the Rough Patch Complex and Jack Fire.
· Repairing roadways, handline and dozer line from suppression efforts prior to the recent precipitation will be ongoing. These activities include building water bars across hand and dozer line, spreading slash on bare soil, felling hazard trees, chipping cut material, and hauling logs and slash off site.
· Minimal fire activity remains in the Bulldog Creek drainage, Horse Heaven Creek, and the eastern portion of the Buckhead Fire around Raven Rock Peak. Firefighters continue to monitor these areas and will take suppression actions where needed.
· A Forest Service Burned Area Emergency Response (BAER) team continues to assess the severity of fire effects across the landscape. https://www.fs.fed.us/naturalresources/watershed/burnedareas.shtml.
Fire Conditions and Weather
· Large logs and stumps continue to smolder; however, no fire spread is predicted.
· Weather conditions will be warmer and drier than previous days. The winds will continue to be terrain driven, with little effect of fire behavior.
· The Umpqua and Willamette National Forests and BLM Roseburg District have temporarily closed areas of both Forests due to the Jack Fire, Rough Patch Complex, and Devils Knob Complex. View the closure area orders and maps on https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/closures/7758/.
· Managing agencies are evaluating the area closure surrounding the fires, with the intent to restore public access to more areas as soon as safely possible. Unstable roads and slopes, fire-weakened trees, rock fall, and firefighter traffic continue to pose risks to the public. Please respect the closure while we work towards restoring access to your public lands.
Fire Facts Location: Umpqua National Forest
Rough Patch: 50,428 acres
Fire start date: July 29, 2021
Jack Fire: 24,165 acres
Fire start date: July 7, 2021
Approximately 300 personnel, including: 9 crews; 7 engines; 1 dozer; 4 water tenders; 3 helicopters.
Temporary Flight Restriction: A Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) is in effect for the fire area. Drones are hazards for our pilots and ground crews. Remember: If You Fly, We Can’t! For details on the TFR, see https://tfr.faa.gov/
Umpqua and Willamette National Forest Area Closure: https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd951749.pdf BLM Roseburg District Amended Closure: https://www.blm.gov/sites/blm.gov/files/docs/2021-08/orwa-fpo-rbg-081021.pdf
Management: Rocky Mountain Area Type 2 Incident Management Team Blue