Prescott National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
344 S Cortez St
Prescott, AZ 86303
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
U.S. FOREST SERVICE PRESCOTT NATIONAL FOREST BRADSHAW RANGER DISTRICT
TIGER FIRE PUBLIC SAFETY CLOSURE
PROHIBITIONS Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(a) and (b), the following acts are prohibited within the area and on roads and trail described in this Order (the “Restricted Area”) and as depicted on the attached map, hereby incorporated into this Order as Exhibit A, within the Bradshaw-Chino Valley Ranger District, Prescott National Forest, Yavapai County, Arizona.
1. Going into or being upon the Restricted Area. 36 C.F.R. § 261.53(e).
2. Being on the road. 36 C.F.R. § 261.54 (e)
3. Being on the trail. 36 C.F.R. § 261.55 (a)
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Persons with a written Forest Service authorization specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or Local Officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting resource in the performance of an official duty.
3. Persons with a written Forest Service authorization specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
The Restricted Area consists of all National Forest System lands, roads, and trails within the boundary starting at the intersection of County Road (CR) 59 and the National Forest (NF) boundary, proceeding south along the NF boundary for approximately 10 miles, then following the NF boundary west for approximately 8 miles, then following northeast along National Forest System Trail (NFST) 233 for approximately 5 miles to its intersection with National Forest System Road (NFSR) 100, then following NFSR 100 northwest 2 miles, to its intersection with NFSR 52, then following NFSR 52 northwest for approximately 3 miles to its intersection with CR 59, then following CR 59 northwest 15 miles back to the point of beginning at its intersection with the NF boundary.
Note: NFST 233 is closed from NFSR 100 to the NF boundary. NFSR 100 is closed from NFST 233 to NFSR 52. NFSR 52 is closed from NFSR 100 to CR 59. CR 59 NFSR 52 to the Forest Boundary. CR 59 remains open to Crown King.
To provide for public and fire fighter health and safety due to firefighting operations and fire danger associated with the Tiger Fire on the Prescott National Forest.
1. This Order will be effective on July 15, 2021, at 6:00 a.m. and shall remain in effect until 6:00 a.m. on August 31, 2021, or until rescinded, whichever occurs first.
2. A map identifying the Restricted Area is attached and made part of this Order as Exhibit A.
3. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of not more than $5,000 for individuals and $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment for not more than six (6) months, or both (see 16 U.S.C. § 551, 18 U.S.C. § 3571(b)(6), 18 U.S.C. § 3581(b)(7)).
4. Further information regarding this Order may be obtained at the Bradshaw Ranger District located in Prescott, Arizona, telephone number 928 443-8000, and at the Prescott National Forest Supervisor’s Office in Chino Valley, telephone number 928 777-2200, and at http://www.fs.usda.gov/prescott.
5. This Order supersedes any previous Orders prohibiting the same acts covered by this Order.
Done at Prescott , AZ , this 13th day of July 2021.