Muddy Slide Fire Daily Facts - June 24, 2021
Muddy Slide Fire Wildfire
News – 6/24/2021
- The Rocky Mountain Area Type 2 Incident Management Team Blue assumed command of the Muddy Slide Fire at 6:00 am this morning
Operational plan for today
- On the south side of the fire, firefighters are removing fuels and applying retardant along a powerline easement, to use that area as a fire line.
- On the north side, along County Road 16, a Structure Group is developing a detailed plan to protect structures and implementing point protection.
- On the northwest corner of the fire, hotshot crews are building fire line directly along the edge of the fire to create an anchor point. This will be used to prevent the fire from moving further north.
- All ground resources are being supported by water and retardant drops from five helicopters.
- Fire managers are scouting for additional opportunities to safely engage the fire where there is the highest probability for success.
Structure damage assessments
- The Routt County Sheriff’s Office is responsible for structure damage assessments. The Sheriff will report that information when confirmed.
County Fire Restrictions
National Forest Road Closures and Fire Restrictions
Fire Conditions and Weather
- On Thursday, the fire area is forecast to receive afternoon showers, thunderstorms, and increased moisture, reducing fire behavior in the short-term, giving firefighters an opportunity to safely engage the fire.