Order # WRNF-2021-19 Fire Closure
USDA FOREST SERVICEWHITE RIVER NATIONAL FOREST
Eagle and Sopris Ranger Districts
Sylvan Fire Area
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50 (a) and (b), the following acts are prohibited on all National Forest System lands within the Sylvan Fire Area on the White River National Forest, Eagle County, State of Colorado (the “Restricted Area”) and on all roads and trails located within the Restricted Area along with all Forest System Roads listed below. The Restricted Area and the Restricted Roads and Trails are shown on the attached map incorporated into this Order as Exhibit A.
The purposes of this Order are to: (1) provide for public safety; and (2) prevent interference with firefighting operations.
1) Going into or being upon the Restricted Area. 36 C.F.R. § § 261.52(e).
2) Being on the Restricted Roads. 36 C.F.R. § 261.54(e).
3) Being on the Restricted Trails. 36 C.F.R. § 261.55(a).
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this order:
1) Any federal, state or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force, in the performance of an
2) Persons with a special use authorization or other Forest Service authorization specifically
exempting them from the effect of this Order.
This Order supersedes, rescinds, and replaces Order #WRNF-2021-18 Sylvan Fire Area, issued 06/25/2021.
This Order becomes effective at 7:00 AM on July 7th, 2021 and remains in effect until rescinded.
Done at Glenwood Springs, CO, this 7th day of July 2021.
Scott Fitzwilliams Forest Supervisor
White River National Forest
A violation of the prohibitions in this Order is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of not more than $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for a legal entity other than an individual, or imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or both. (16 U.S.C. § 551 and 18 U.S.C. §§ 3559 and 3571).