Mammoth Fire Daily Update for June 13, 2021
Mammoth Fire Wildfire
News – 6/13/2021
June 13 - Mammoth Creek Fire Update
Today will be the final update for the Mammoth Fire.
Today is the last operational shift for Type 2 Great Basin Incident Management Team 5 – Sam Hicks. The Mammoth Fire will transition back to the local unit tomorrow morning at 6 a.m. and will be managed by Type IV Incident Commander Cody Turner.
Yesterday’s Operational Shift
- Crews made significant progress, expanding fire containment on the south and north perimeter.
- Fire crews focused on fire suppression repair and built waterbars on fire lines in steeper terrain to prevent soil erosion.
- Crews pulled up and backhauled hose and water handling equipment in preparation for future incidents.
- Fire line was patrolled on all areas of the perimeter to locate and extinguish any heat near the fire edge.
- Some fire resources were released and reassigned to other large Utah wildland fires.
Today’s Operational Expectations
- Crews will backhaul remaining equipment, complete fire suppression repair, and install waterbars on fire line.
- Fire resources and equipment will continue to be released from the Mammoth Fire to assist with other emerging large fires in the state of Utah.
Evacuations, Fire Restrictions & Closures
- Mammoth Creek Village remains evacuated. The evacuation is being evaluated today by the Garfield County Sheriff and fire managers. Changes to the evacuation status will be will posted to social media sites (above) or contact the Garfield County Sheriff’s Office at (435) 676-2678.
- The Dixie National Forest is revising the Area Closure Order for the Mammoth Fire. Updates to the Closure Order and can be viewed at https://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/dixie/alerts-notices .
- Stage 1 Fire Restrictions are in effect for the Dixie National Forest.
Utah remains critically dry and weather continues to trend hotter, drier and windier through the foreseeable period.
Please Recreate Responsibly