Phoenix District Office
Bureau of Land Management
21605 North 7th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85027
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE U.S. FOREST SERVICE PRESCOTT NATIONAL FOREST BRADSHAW RANGER DISTRICT
TUSSOCK FIRE PUBLIC SAFETY CLOSURE
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(a) and (b), the following acts are prohibited within the area described in this Order (the “Restricted Area”) and as depicted on the attached map, hereby incorporated into this Order as Exhibit A, within the Bradshaw-Chino Ranger District, Prescott National Forest, Yavapai County, Arizona. 1. Going into or being upon the Restricted Area. 36 C.F.R. § 261.53(e).
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Persons with a written Forest Service authorization specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or Local Officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting resource in the performance of an official duty.
3. Residents, owners and lessees of private property within the Restricted Area are allowed ingress and egress only to and from their properties.
RESTRICTED AREA The Restricted Area consists of all National Forest System lands, roads, and trails within the boundary starting at the intersection of National Forest System Road (NFSR) 94 and the National Forest (NF) boundary, proceeding south along the NF boundary for approximately 11 miles, then following the NF boundary east for approximately 6 miles, then south 2 miles, then east 12 miles, then north approximately 17 miles, then west 3 miles, to the intersection with County Road (CR) 177, then following west along CR 177 for approximately 7 miles to its intersection with NFSR 52, then following NFSR 52 northwest 4 miles, to its intersection with NFSR 82, then following NFSR 82 south for approximately 3 miles to its intersection with NFSR 82A, then following NFSR 82A southwest to its intersection with NFSR 94, then following NFSR 94 northwest approximately 3 miles back to the point of beginning at its intersection with the NF boundary. Note: NFSR 94 is closed from NFSR 82A to the NF boundary. CR 177 is closed from the NF boundary to NFSR 52. NFSR 52 is closed from CR 177 to NFSR 82. NFSR 82 is closed from NFSR 52 to NFSR 82A. NFSR 82A is closed from NFSR 82 to NFSR 94.PURPOSE
To provide for public and fire fighter health and safety due to firefighting operations and fire danger associated with the uncontrolled Tussock Fire on the Prescott National Forest.
1. This Order will be effective on May 09, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. and shall remain in effect until 6:00 p.m. on June 30, 2021, or until rescinded, whichever occurs first.
2. A map identifying the Restricted Area is attached and made part of this Order as Exhibit A.
3. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of not more than $5,000 for individuals and $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment for not more than six (6) months, or both (see 16 U.S.C. § 551, 18 U.S.C. § 3571(b)(6), 18 U.S.C. § 3581(b)(7)).
4. Further information regarding this Order may be obtained at the Bradshaw Ranger District located in Prescott, Arizona, telephone number 928 443-8000, and at the Prescott National Forest Supervisor’s Office in Chino Valley, telephone number 928 777-2200, and at http://www.fs.usda.gov/prescott.
5. This Order supersedes any previous Orders prohibiting the same acts covered by this Order. Done at Prescott , AZ , this 9th day of May, 2021.
Digitally signed by KERWIN DEWBERRY
Date: 2021.05.09 16:26:59 -07'00'
Acting Forest Supervisor Prescott National Forest