Bishop Field Office
Bureau of Land Management
Bishop, CA 93514
MOUNTAIN VIEW FIRE NOVEMBER 23, 2020 UPDATE
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @MonoSheriffs @BLMca Phone: 661-448-7621 Incident Website: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7270/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/blmcalifornia/ www.facebook.com/MonoSheriff www.facebook.com/AntelopeValleyFireDepartment
Incident Information: Fire Size: 20,385 acres Containment: 70% Crew: 1 Engines: 7 Water Tender: 1 Total Personnel: 128 Current Situation:
The Mountain View fire is 70% contained at 20,385 acres. Containment line has been secured around 70% of the fire perimeter; the remaining 30% is under snow. Fire activity is minimal and confined to “ground fire”. This means that stumpholes and underground roots are the only fuels actively burning. Snow melt is aiding in extinguishing these materials. Generally there are not enough surface fuels to support fire spread. The remaining visible smokes are from individual burning pinyon trees well within the secured fire perimeter.
California Fire Management Team 11 will return management of the Mountain View fire to the hosting agencies: Bureau of Land Management, the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest and Antelope Valley Fire Department today at 8 PM. Mountain View firefighters will return home tomorrow.
Evacuations were lifted yesterday morning for remaining Antelope Valley residents. Mono County will be updating the following website with recovery resources available to affected residents. Please refer to it for current announcements of help and support: https://mountainviewfire.monocounty.ca.gov/ The Mono County Public Information office is also managing a Facebook page with information and resources for Antelope Valley residents impacted by the Mountain View Fire. It is linked to the webpage above: https://www.facebook.com/Mountain-View-Fire-Resources-and-Recovery-103809508226400 Note that bottled water is available for affected residents at the Walker General Store and Meadow Cliff Lodge.
Unless significant changes occur, this will be the final update for the Mountain View Fire.