Sawtooth National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
370 American Ave.
Jerome, ID 83338
Stanley Ranger Station
Hours: M-F 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Order Number: 0414-04-140
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
SAWTOOTH AND SALMON-CHALLIS NATIONAL FORESTS
SAWTOOTH NATIONAL RECRECATION AREA,
YANKEE FORK RANGER DISTRICT
TRAP CREEK FIRE AREA, ROAD AND TRAIL
Version 3 Reduced
Pursuant to Title 36 CFR 261.50 (a) and (b), the following acts are prohibited in the Area described in this Order, including the roads and trail within the Area, located within the administrative boundaries of the Sawtooth National Recreation Area, Sawtooth National Forest and Yankee Fork Ranger District, Salmon-Challis National Forest. This Order will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect through October 30, 2020, at 00:01 AM, unless rescinded earlier by the Forest Supervisor.
1. Going into or upon the Area described below. 36 CFR 261.52(e).
2. Being on the Roads described below. 36 CFR 261.54(e).
3. Being on the Trails described below. 36 CFR 261.55(a).
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e) the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Persons with a special use authorization or other Forest Service authorization specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
3. Federal or State administrative personnel in the performance of an official duty.
AREA, ROAD, AND TRAIL DESCRIPTIONS
All National Forest System lands, roads, and trails within the boundary described beginning at the junction of State Highway 21 and Meadow Creek in T 11 N, R 12 E, Section 5; then continuing Southwest following Meadow Creek to the Section Line in T 11 N, R 12 E, Sections 6, 7; then continuing West along the section line to the section line in T 11 N, R 11 E, Sections 6, 7, 12; then continuing North along the section line to the section line in T 12 N, R 11 E, Sections 1, 31, 36; then continuing West along the section line to the watershed divide of Swamp Creek and Vader Creek in T 12 N, R 11 E, Sections 35, 2; then continuing North along watershed divide of Swamp Creek and Vader Creek to intersect State Highway 21 T 12 N, R 11 E, Section 24; then continuing Southeast on State Highway 21 to the beginning junction of State Highway 21 and Meadow Creek T 11 N, R 12 E, Section 5.
State Highway 21 will remain open.
The Area described above is closed to public entry in order to provide for public safety during wildfire suppression activities.
1. This Order will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect through October 30, 2020, at 00:01 AM, unless rescinded earlier by the Forest Supervisor.
2. A Map identifying the above-described Area, Roads and trails is attached hereto as Exhibit A, and is made part of this Order.
3. Violation of the above prohibition(s) is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for an individual, or $10,000 for an organization, and/or imprisonment for not more than six (6) months. [Title 16 USC 551, Title 18 USC 3571 (b)(6), Title 18 USC 3581 (b)(7).]
4. Further information regarding this Order may be obtained at the Sawtooth National Recreation Area office in Ketchum, ID, 208-727-5000 or the Sawtooth National Forest Supervisor’s Office in Jerome, ID, 208-423-7500.
Done at Jerome, ID this 28 day of September 2020.
/s/ James DeMaagd
Sawtooth National Forest
/s/ Heather DeGeest for
Salmon-Challis National Forest