Order Number: 0412-558
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
PAYETTE NATIONAL FOREST
WEISER & COUNCIL RANGER DISTRICTS
Woodhead Fire Area Closure – Version #4
(For Public Safety)
Pursuant to Title 36 CFR 261.50(a) the following acts are prohibited in the Areas and on the roads and trails within the Areas described in this Order, all within administrative boundaries of the Weiser and Council Ranger Districts, Payette National Forest. This Order goes into effect when signed and will remain in effect until November 30, 00:001 A.M. 2020 unless rescinded earlier by the Forest Supervisor.
1. Going into or being upon the Area described below. 36 CFR 261.52(e)
2. Being on the trails within the Area. 36 CFR 261.55 (a)
3. Being on the roads within the Area. 36 CFR 261.54 (e)
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50 (e) the following persons are exempt from this order:
1. Persons with a special use authorization or other authorization specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
3. Federal or State administrative personnel in the performance of an official duty.
Woodhead Fire Area:
(1) National Forest System lands within the boundary described as beginning at the intersection of the Payette National Forest boundary and Mill Creek in T16N, R4W, Section 32; then continuing southwest along Mill Creek and the fire perimeter to its intersection with the Payette National Forest boundary in T15N, R4W, Section 18; then continuing north along the Payette National Forest boundary to the point of origination at the intersection of the Payette National Forest boundary and Mill creek in T16N, R4W, Section 32.
(2) National Forest System lands within the boundary described as beginning at the intersection of the
Payette National Forest boundary and Idaho State Highway 71 on the south side of T16N, R4W, Section
20; then continuing east and north along the Payette National Forest boundary to the intersection of the Payette National Forest boundary and the Council-Cuprum Road, National Forest System Road (NFSR) 002 in T17N,
R3W, Section 6; then continuing west along Council-Cuprum Road, NFSR 006, but not including Council-Cuprum Order Number: 0412-558
Road, and excluding the Lafferty Campground within its fenced boundary, to the junction of Council-
Cuprum Road and Wildhorse Road, NFSR 070, in T19N, R3W, Section 26; then continuing southwest along Wildhorse Road, and including Wildhorse Road, to the junction of Wildhorse Road and the Payette National Forest boundary on the west side of T18N, R4W, Section 18;; then continuing south along the Payette National Forest boundary to its intersection with Idaho State Highway 71 in T16N, R4W, Section 7; then continuing south, along State Highway 71, but not including State Highway 71, to the point of origination at the intersection of State Highway 71 and the Payette National Forest boundary on the south side of T16N, R4W, Section 20.
Both Areas are depicted on the Map attached Hereto.
The Woodhead Fire Area described above has ongoing wildfire activity within its perimeter. The Area is closed for public safety and protection from hazards associated with wildfire.
1. This Order will go into effect when signed and remain in effect until November 30, 00:01 A.M. 2020 or until rescinded, whichever occurs first.
2. A map identifying the Woodhead Fire Area is attached and made part of this Order.
3. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for an individual, or $10,000.00 for an organization, and/or imprisonment for not more than six (6) months. [Title 16 USC 551, Title 18 USC 3571 (b)(6), Title 18 USC 3581 (b)(7)].
4. This Order supersedes any previous Order(s) prohibiting the same or similar acts prohibited by this Order in the Area covered by this order.
5. Further information regarding this Order may be obtained from the Weiser Ranger District (208 549-4200), Weiser ID, the Council Ranger Districts (208 253-0100), Council, ID, and the Payette National Forest Supervisor’s Office (208 634-0700), McCall, ID.
Done at McCall, ID this 1st day of October, 2020.
Payette National Forest