UPDATED Walton Lakes Trail Closure
Marion Fire Wildfire
Closures – 10/9/2020
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
NEZ PERCE-CLEARWATER NATIONAL FORESTS
LOCHSA-POWELL RANGER DISTRICT PROHIBITIONS
Pursuant to Title 36 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 261.50 (b) the following acts are prohibited on designated portions of the Lochsa-Powell Ranger District, as shown on the attached map, within the Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests. These restrictions are in addition to those general prohibitions in Title 36 CFR, Part 261, Subpart A, become effective immediately, and will remain in effect until rescinded.
- Being on the trail. [Title 36 CFR 261.55 (a)]
- When provided by an order it is prohibited to go into or be upon an area which is closed for the protection of: Public health and safety. [Title 36 CFR 261.53 (e)]
- Forest Service Trail #79 - The trail is closed from T.36N., R.14E., S ½ of SW ¼ Sec13 near Sneakfoot Meadows southwesterly to the first Walton Lake in Idaho, Boise Meridian, T.36N., R.14E., SW ¼ of NW ¼ Sec27.
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
- Persons with a permit specifically authorizing the otherwise prohibited act or omission.
- Any Federal, State, or local officer or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official emergency duty.
Impacts from wildfires has created snags and burned trees falling onto the trail.
- This Order will be effective immediately from the date of signature and will remain in effect until rescinded.
- Any violation of this prohibition is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of not more than $5,000 for individuals and $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment for not more than six (6) months, or both. (see 16 U.S.C. § 551, 18 U.S.C. § 3571(b)(6), 18 U.S.C. § 3581 (b)(7)).
- Maps identifying the Restricted Areas are attached and made a part of this Order.
- This Order supersedes, rescinds, & replaces any previous orders prohibiting the same acts covered by this Order.
- Further information regarding this Order may be obtained from the Lochsa-Powell Ranger District Office at 502 Lowry Street, Kooskia, Idaho 83539, telephone number: 208-926-4274, and at the following website: USDA Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest website: https://www.fs.usda.gov/nezperceclearwater
Done at Kamiah, Idaho this 9th day of October, 2020.
/s/ Cheryl F. Probert
Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests
See the Maps tab for a closure area map.