Sequoia National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
1839 S. Newcomb St
Porterville, CA 93257
SEQUOIA NATIONAL FOREST GIANT SEQUOIA NATIONAL MONUMENT
WESTERN DIVIDE AND KERN RIVER RANGER DISTRICTS SQF COMPLEX FIRE AREA, ROADS, AND TRAILS CLOSURE
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. §§ 261.50(a) and (b), and to provide for public safety, the following acts are prohibited within the Western Divide Ranger District of the Sequoia National Forest. This Forest Order is effective from October 2, 2020, through November 30, 2020.
1. Going into or being upon National Forest System lands within the SQF Complex Fire Closure Area, as described in Exhibit A and shown on Exhibit B. 36 C.F.R. § 261.53(e).
2. Being on the National Forest System trails within the SQF Complex Fire Closure Area as shown on Exhibit B. 36 C.F.R. § 261.55(a).
3. Being on the National Forest System roads within the SQF Complex Fire Closure Area as shown on Exhibit B. 36 C.F.R. § 261.54(e).
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
2. Persons with Forest Service Permit No. FS-7700-48 (Permit for Use of Roads , Trails, or Areas Restricted by Regulation or Order), specifically exempting them from this Order.
3. Owners or lessees of land, within the SQF Complex Fire Closure Area to the extent necessary to access their land.
4. Residents, within SQF Complex Fire Closure Area to the extent necessary to access their residences .
A violation of these prohibitions is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment for not more than six months, or both.
16 U.S.C. § 551 and 18 U.S.C. §§ 3559, 3571, and 3581.
Executed in Porterville, California, this 1st day of October, 2020.
Forest Supervisor Sequoia National Forest
FOREST NO. 0513-20-34
SEQUOIA NATIONAL FOREST
WESTERN DIVIDE AND KERN RIVER RANGER DISTRICTS SQF COMPLEX FIRE AREA, TRAIL AND ROAD CLOSURE EXHIBIT A
The boundary of the SQF Complex Fire Closure Area begins in the northwest corner of Section 4, Township 19 South, Range 29 East, Mount Diablo Base & Meridian, then continues northeast approximately 49 miles along the forest boundary to its intersection with Section 21, T.18S., R.33E., MDB&M, then continues southeast approximately 62 miles along the forest boundary to its intersection with the Tulare County line in the southeast corner of Section 35, T.24S., R.35E., MDB&M, then continues due west approximately 27 miles along the Tulare County line to its intersection with the forest boundary in the southwest corner of Section 33, T.24S., R.30S, MDB&M, then continues north approximately 68 miles along the forest boundary to the starting point, as shown on Exhibit B.