Colorado River District Office
Bureau of Land Management
1785 Kiowa Ave
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
There may be short term access restrictions on BLM Road 7101, also known as Flag Mine Road and Antelope Wash Road as fire crews continue masticating vegetation along those roadways.
PUBLIC LAND CLOSURE
BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT
COLORADO RIVER DISTRICT
KINGMAN FIELD OFFICE
Due to decreased fire conditions and activities in the area, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Colorado River District, Kingman Field Office is partially rescinding Fire Closure Order Number: AZ-CRD-2020-01.
The closure area that will remain in place includes:
(1) BLM Road 7101 (Ridge Rd) from the Moss Basin Overlook, located approximately 2.5 miles past the intersection of BLM Road 7101 and Antelope Wash Road, to the intersection of BLM Road 7101 and 7196D, accounting for approximately 6.75 miles of BLM Road 7101.
(2) BLM Road 7200 from the intersection of BLM Roads 7205 and 7302, to include a portion of the Moss Wash Technical Off-Highway Vehicle Trail, but not including the portion of the trail located along BLM Road 7209 north of its intersection with BLM Road 7204.
(3) BLM Road 7206 (Cedar Wash Road) from its intersection at Blake Ranch Road to its intersection with BLM Road 7101 (Ridge Road).
All other areas affected by the original fire closure order will be open.
This partial rescission of the area closure will be in effect on August 26, 2020 at 7:00 am for the purpose of protecting the public and shall stay in effect until rescinded. The Colorado River District Fire Management Officer and Kingman Field Manager will make the determination as to when the remaining closure area will be rescinded based on public safety. The map of the closure area may be obtained from InciWeb at https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6990/
(1) Persons exempt from the closure and that are allowed in the closed area without written permission include the following:
a) Emergency vehicles, equipment, and personnel.
b) Government employees acting in the performance of their duties.
c) Grazing permittees in the performance of permitted acts.
d) Utility companies and other right of way holder employees acting in the performance of their duties.
(2) The closure also applies to special recreation permit holders who are authorized to conduct
activities on BLM land.
(3) This closure follows provisions of the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976 (43 U.S.C. 1701) and43 CFR 9212.0-6 and 43 CFR 9212.1-4. The penalties of this Fire Prevention Order are provided in 43 CFR 9212.4.
Any person who knowingly and willfully violates the regulations at 9212.1 of this title shall, upon conviction, be subject to a fine of not more than $10,000 or to imprisonment of not more than 12 months or both.