Colorado River District Office
Bureau of Land Management
1785 Kiowa Ave
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
Fire Closure Order Number AZ-CRD-2020-01
PUBLIC LAND CLOSURE
BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT
COLORADO RIVER DISTRICT
KINGMAN FIELD OFFICE
Under the authority of the Federal Land Management Policy and Management Act of 1976 (43 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.) and pursuant to 43 CFR 9212.0-6 and 43 CFR 9212.1-4, this Fire Prevention Land Closure applies to lands administered by the Kingman Field Office. Notice is hereby given that the Bureau of Land Management Colorado River District will immediately close selected public lands to public access in Mohave County, Arizona.
Due to the extreme fire conditions and activity currently in this area and in the interest of public safety, the following areas will be temporarily closed until the end of the current fire emergency as shown on the accompanying map:
(1) BLM Road 7101 (Ridge Rd) from the community of Pine Lake, AZ to Boriana Mine Road.
(2) Blake Ranch Road from the intersection of BLM Road 7163C south to U.S. Highway 93.
(3) Public lands south of the Lazy-Y-U community to the west and BLM Road 7302 to the east at the intersection of Blake Ranch Road.
(4) Public lands east of BLM Road 7145 (El Paso Natural Gas Pipeline) south to T. 18 N.,R. 17 W., section 20.
(5) Unnumbered BLM Road 1/10 of a mile south of the entrance to BLM Road 7682 (Lower Trout Creek Road) to the west of U.S. Highway 93.
(6) Wild Cow Springs Campground
(7) Antelope Wash Road
(8) Moss Wash Technical Off-Highway Vehicle Trail
(9) Cedar Wash Road
(10) Wabayuma Peak Wilderness and Trailhead
(1) This closure will be in effect on August 21st, 2020, at 0700, for the purpose of protecting the public and shall stay in effect until rescinded. The Colorado River District Fire Management Officer and Kingman Field Manager will make the determination as to when the closure will be rescinded based on public safety. The map of the closure area may be obtained from InciWeb at https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6990/
Persons exempt from the closure and that are allowed in the closed area without written permission include the following:(a) Emergency vehicles, equipment, and personnel.(b) Government employees acting in the performance of their duties.(c) Grazing permittees in the performance of permitted acts.(d)Utility companies and other right of way holder employees acting in the performance of their duties.
(2) private landowners shall be allowed access to their private property across BLMlands, on established roads. Deviation from the shortest, most direct travel route to their property will be considered a violation of the closure and may be subject to the penalties as described in 43 CFR 9212.4
(3) The closure also applies to special recreation permit holders who are authorized to conduct activities on BLM land.
(4) This closure follows provisions of the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976 (43 U.S.C. 1701) and 43 CFR 9212.0-6 and 43 CFR 9212.1-4. The penalties of this Fire Prevention Order are provided in 43 CFR 9212.4. Any person who knowingly and willfully violates the regulations at 9212.1 of this title shall, upon conviction, be subject to a fine of not more than $10,000 or to imprisonment of not more than 12 months or both.
Due to the extreme danger of the Ridge Fire and in the interest of public safety this closure shall be implemented immediately to protect human life.
/s/ Amanda M. Dodson
Kingman Field Office