Tahoe National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
13120 Loma Rica Grass Valley California 95945
Nevada City, CA 95959
Order Number 04-17-20-12
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE FOREST SERVICE
HUMBOLDT-TOIYABE NATIONAL FOREST
Carson Ranger District
Loyalton Fire Closure
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 CFR § 261.50(a) and (b), the following acts are prohibited on all National Forest System Lands described in this Order, within the exterior boundaries of the Humboldt- Toiyabe National Forest, Carson Ranger District beginning August 16, 2020 at 21:00 p.m. and continuing until September 30, 2020, or until rescinded, whichever comes first.
1. Going into or being within the Loyalton Fire Closure Area as shown on the attached map. 36 CFR § 261.52(e).
Pursuant to 36 CFR § 261.50 (e), the following acts, or persons, are exempt from this Order:
1. Persons with a written Forest Service authorization specifically exempting them from the effect of this order.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force.
3. Owners or lessees of private land in the Loyalton Fire Closure Area, to the extent necessary to access their land.
The purpose of this order is for Public Health and Safety and the Protection of Resources responding to and operating in the Cottonwood Fire Area.
All National Forest System lands located within the exterior boundaries of the Carson Ranger District on the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, Dog Valley and Long Valley areas. Forest lands west of the Peavine ridgeline from the intersection of Peavine Rd and North Virginia Street down to Verdi are closed to the public as shown on the attached map.
1. This Order will be in effect beginning August 16, 2020 at 21:00 p.m. and shall remain in effect until September 30, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. or until rescinded, whichever comes first.
2. Exhibit A, “Definitions,” is attached and incorporated into this order.
3. Any violation of the above prohibition(s) is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization and/or imprisonment for not more than six months. [Title 16 USC § 551, Title 18 USC § 3571(b)(6), Title 18 USC § 3581(b)(7)].
4. Further information regarding this Order may be obtained at the Humbolt-Toiyabe National Forest Supervisors Office, 1200 Franklin Way, Sparks NV 89431.
5. This Order supersedes any previous Order(s) prohibiting the same, or similar acts prohibited by this Order in the areas covered by this Order. Done at the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest Supervisors Office, 1200 Franklin Way, Sparks NV, this 16th day of August 2020.
William Dunkelberger Forest Supervisor
Order Number 04-17-20-12
EXHIBIT A Loyalton Fire Closure
NATIONAL FOREST SYSTEM: includes all national forest lands, and waters reserved or withdrawn from the public domain of the United States, national forest lands and waters acquired through purchase, exchange, donation, or other means, national grasslands and land utilization projects and waters administered under title III of the Bankhead-Jones Farm Tenant ACT (50 Stat. 525, 7 U.S.C. 1010-1012), and other lands, waters, or interests therein acquired under the Wild and Scenic River Act (16 U.S.C. 1272-1287) or National Trails Systems Act (16 U.S.C. 1241-1249).
For further definitions or clarification of definitions, refer to [36 CFR § 261.2].