Arizona Strip District Office
Bureau of Land Management
345 East Riverside Drive
St. George , AZ 84790
Summary: Due to extreme fire conditions and fire suppression activity currently in the area of the Pine Hollow Fire, and in the interest of public safety, the BLM Arizona Strip and Paria River Districts issued official closure orders for public lands located 20 miles east of Kanab, Utah. These areas will be temporarily closed until the end of the current fire emergency.
Notice is hereby given that the Paria River District (BLM) will immediately close selected public lands to public access in Kane County, UT. The closure will be in effect August 2, 2020 at 8 a.m. until rescinded.
(1) North of UT/AZ state line
(2) All BLM public lands east of Johnson Wash
(3) All BLM public lands west of BLM Road 700/1065 (House Rock Valley Road)
(4) The junction of Highway 89 and BLM Road 700/1065 (House Rock Valley Road) south to the UT/AZ state line
Notice is hereby given that the Arizona Strip District (BLM) will immediately close selected public lands to public access in Coconino County, AZ. The closure will be in effect August 1, 2020 until rescinded.
(1) South of UT/AZ state line
(2) BLM Road 1026 to Hwy 89A
(3) BLM Road 1024 to BLM Road 1025 (Winter Road)
(4) BLM Road 1025 (Winter Road) from BLM Road 1026 East to BLM Road 700.
(5) BLM Road 700/1065 (House Rock Valley) Stateline south to BLM Road 1079 (Lone Tree Rd)
(6) Stateline Campground
(7) North of Kaibab National Forest, North Kaibab Ranger District
(8) Arizona Scenic Trail from the Stateline campground south to the Kaibab Forest Boundary
Due to the extreme danger of the Pine Hollow Fire and in the interest of public safety closures shall be implemented immediately to protect human life.
See the official orders for a list of persons exempt from the closure areas.
Maps of the closure area(s) may be obtained from the Pine Hollow Fire ICP, located at the Kanab High School, Kanab, Utah, or online at: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6899/
For more information on the walk-in permit process during the incident call: 435-644-1300.
Visitors who have questions for permits previously obtained online may email: email@example.com.
The closure also applies to special recreation permit holders who are authorized to conduct activities on BLM land.