Arizona Department of Forestry and Fire Management - State Office
1110 W. Washington Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85007
Phoenix, AZ 85007
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE FOREST SERVICE TONTO NATIONAL FOREST CAVE CREEK RANGER DISTRICT
Central Fire Public Safety Closure Order
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(a), the following acts are prohibited within the area described in this Order (the “Restricted Area”) and as depicted on the attached map, hereby incorporated into this Order as Exhibit A, all within the Tonto National Forest, Maricopa and Yavapai Counties, Arizona.
1. Going into or being upon the Restricted Area.36 C.F.R.§261.53(e).
Pursuant to 36 CFR § 261.50 (e), the following persons are exempt from this order:
1. Persons with a written Forest Service authorization specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of any organized rescue or firefighting resource in the performance of an official duty.
All National Forest System lands contained within the following area. Beginning at the intersection of Forest boundary and NFSR 269, proceeding east along the north side of NFSR 269, then south along the east side of NFSR 24, then west along the forest boundary, then north along the forest boundary to the starting point on the north side of NFSR 269.
The purpose of this Order is to close the Restricted Area during firefighting and emergency operations for the protection of public health and safety.
1. This Order will be in effect at_0600__. on June 21, 2020 and shall remain in effect until July 31, 2020 or until rescinded, whichever occurs first.
2. A map identifying the Restricted Area is attached and made part of this Order as Exhibit A.
3. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of not more than $5,000 for individuals or $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment for not more than six (6) months, or both (see16 U.S.C.551, 18 U.S.C.3571(b)(6), 18 U.S.C.3581(b)(7)).
4. Further information regarding this Order may be obtained at the Tonto National Forest Supervisor’s Office in Phoenix, Arizona, (602)225-5200,or at Mesa Ranger District Office, (480)610-3300.
Dated this 21st day of June 2020, at Phoenix, Arizona
NEIL BOSWORTH Forest Supervisor