Coronado National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
300 W. Congress St.
Tucson, AZ 85701
The areas of the Mt Lemmon/Mt Bigelow, including the community of Summerhaven, and the Willow Canyon area, formerly set to “GO!” have been downgraded to "SET”. #Bighorn #BighornFire #AZFire
This is a combined message from the Pima County Office of Emergency Management and the Pima County Sheriff’s Department https://www.facebook.com/pimasheriff.
The areas of the Mt Lemmon/Mt Bigelow, including the community of Summerhaven, and the Willow Canyon area, formerly set to “GO!” have been downgraded to "SET”.
Summerhaven FULL TIME residents and employees will be allowed to return starting Tuesday, July 7th with the following restrictions:
· Residents and employees will be escorted by a Pima County Sheriff's Department patrol car in a convoy along Catalina Highway until further notice. The escorting vehicle will have its overhead lights on during the escort.
The daily schedule is:
8:00 am – Leaving milepost 0 for Willow Canyon
12:00 noon- Leaving Willow Canyon near milepost 16 for milepost 0
1:00 pm – Leaving milepost 0 for Willow Canyon
5:00 pm – Leaving Willow Canyon near milepost 16 for milepost 0
You must be at Willow Canyon at 12:00 noon or 5:00 pm in order to come back down the mountain with the mandatory escort.
· THE SCHEDULE MAY BE CHANGED DUE TO FIRE CONDITIONS.
· No stopping along the route for photos, etc.
· People may stay overnight or longer, and are free to travel from Willow Canyon to Summerhaven and within Summerhaven, but may not use Catalina Highway unless escorted.
· No hiking, walking, camping, or other activities are permitted in the forest.
· Violators will be escorted off the mountain and will not allowed to return until it is fully opened.
· Access for non-full time residents will be evaluated by the IMT over the next week.
The above restrictions are for your safety and the safety of the fire crews still on the mountain. Please drive carefully.
A community trash dumpster will be located in the parking area south of the Community Center. Please dispose of spoiled food in that container.
Please refer to the interactive map at http://bit.ly/PCBigHornFire for specific details.
Stay aware of the latest news and information from public safety and public health officials.
Questions from residents in the area should be directed to 351-FIRE (3473)
Bighorn Fire information can be found here: http://www.pima.gov/Bighorn
Fire specific Facebook page located here: facebook.com/bighornfireinfo
Find out more about the Ready, Set, Go program here: https://ein.az.gov/ready-set-go
Sign up for emergency alerts at myalerts.pima.gov and tell your neighbors about the program.