Coronado National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
300 W. Congress St.
Tucson, AZ 85701
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
U.S. FOREST SERVICE CORONADO NATIONAL FOREST
SANTA CATALINA RANGER DISTRICT
Order Number: # 03-05-05-20-021
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(a), the following acts are prohibited within the area described in this Order (the “Restricted Area”) and as depicted on the attached map, hereby incorporated into this Order as Exhibit A, within the Santa Catalina Ranger District, Coronado National Forest, Pima County, Arizona.
1. Going into or being upon the restricted area for the protection of public health and safety.
36 C.F.R. § 261.53(e).
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Persons with a written Forest Service authorization specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or Local Officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting resource in the performance of an official duty.
The Restricted Area is within Township 13 S; Range 15 E portions of Sections 1-4, and 9-12, AND Township 12 S, Range 15 E all or part of sections 2-9, AND Township 12 S, Range 14 E all or part of sections 1 and 2, AND Township 11 S, Range 14 E sections 12, 13, 24, 25, 35, and
36, AND Township 11 S, Range 15 E sections 1-35, AND Township 11 S, Range 16 E, sections
3 through 10, 15-20, 29-30, AND Township 10 S, Range 15 E sections 1, 12-14, 19-36, AND Township 10 S, Range 16 E, sections 5-9, 16-21, 28-34 as depicted on the map attached hereto as Exhibit A.
The Restricted Area includes all lands within the following description:
All lands within Catalina State Park and from the Romero Trailhead east along the Romero Trail to its junction with the Wilderness of Rocks Trail. Wilderness of Rocks Trail east to its junction with the Aspen Trail. Aspen trail north to Radio Ridge Road (FR 18). FR 18 west to Ski Run Road (FR 11). Follow FR 11 north then east to General Hitchcock Highway (FR 833). FR 833 east to the Control Road (FR 38). FR 38 Northward to the Forest Boundary at the junction of State Road D5. Continue north, then west, and then south along the Forest Boundary to Catalina State Park as depicted on the map attached hereto as Exhibit A.
The purpose of this Order is to close the Restricted Area where the Bighorn Fire is burning for the protection of public health and safety.
1. This Order will be effective on June 15, 2020 at 7:00 pm, and shall remain in effect until August 15, 2020, or until rescinded, whichever occurs first.
2. A map identifying the Restricted Area is attached and made part of this Order as Exhibit A.
3. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of not more than $5,000 for individuals and $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment for not more than six (6) months, or both (see 16 U.S.C. § 551, 18 U.S.C. § 3571(b)(6), 18 U.S.C. § 3581 (b)(7)).
4. Further information regarding this Order may be obtained at the Santa Catalina Ranger District located in Tucson, Arizona, telephone number 520-749-7703, and at the Coronado National Forest Supervisor’s Office in Tucson, Arizona, telephone number 520-388-8300.
5. This Order supersedes any previous Orders prohibiting the same acts covered by this Order.
Done at Tucson, Arizona, this 15 day of June, 2020.
Digitally signed by KERWIN DEWBERRY
Date: 2020.06.15 20:15:14
KERWIN S. DEWBERRY Forest Supervisor Coronado National Forest