Coronado National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
300 W. Congress St.
Tucson, AZ 85701
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
U.S. FOREST SERVICE CORONADO NATIONAL FOREST
SANTA CATALINA RANGER DISTRICT
Order Number: # 03-05-05-20-020
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(a), the following acts are prohibited within the area described in this Order (the “Restricted Area”) and as depicted on the attached map, hereby incorporated into this Order as Exhibit A, within the Santa Catalina Ranger District, Coronado National Forest, Pima County, Arizona.
1. Going into or being upon the restricted area for the protection of public health and safety.
36 C.F.R. § 261.53(e).
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Persons with a written Forest Service authorization specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or Local Officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting resource in the performance of an official duty.
The Restricted Area is within Township 13 S, Range 15 E portions of Sections 1-4 and 9-12, AND Township 13 S, Range 16 E portions of Sections 3-9, and 17-18, AND Township 12 S, Range 15 E all or part of sections 1-4, 9-16, 22-26, and 34-36 AND Township 12 S, Range 16 E
all or part of sections 4-10, 15-22, and 28-34, AND Township 11 S, Range 15 E sections 26, 35,
and 36, AND Township 11 S, Range 16 E, sections 10, 15-17, 20-22, and 27-34, as depicted on the map attached hereto as Exhibit A
The Restricted Area includes all lands within the following description:
From the northwest corner of the Sabino Canyon Recreation Area, northeast to Sabino Creek. Sabino Creek north to the Forest Trail 24. Forest Trail 24 northwestward to the junction with Forest Trail 5. Forest Trail 5 northeastward to its junction with the Forest Trail 44. Forest Trail northeastward to the junction with Forest Trail 93. Forest Trail 93 north to FR 18. FR 18 west to FR 11. Follow FR 11 north then east to FR 833. FR 833 east to FR 38. FR 38 northeastward to the Forest Boundary at the junction of State Road D5. Follow the Forest Boundary due south approximately 3.75 miles to Forest Trail 31. Follow Forest Trail 31 west to Forest Trail 16.
Forest Trail 16 west to FR 630. Follow FR 630 southwest to FR 833. FR 833 south until it exits the forest. Follow the forest boundary west and then north to the northwest corner of the Sabino Canyon Recreation Area.
The purpose of this Order is to close the Restricted Area where the Bighorn Fire is burning for the protection of public health and safety.
1. This Order will be effective on June 15, 2020 at 7:00 pm, and shall remain in effect until August 15, 2020 or until rescinded, whichever occurs first.
2. A map identifying the Restricted Area is attached and made part of this Order as Exhibit A.
3. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of not more than $5,000 for individuals and $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment for not more than six (6) months, or both (see 16 U.S.C. § 551, 18 U.S.C. § 3571(b)(6), 18 U.S.C. § 3581 (b)(7)).
4. Further information regarding this Order may be obtained at the Santa Catalina Ranger District located in Tucson, Arizona, telephone number 520-749-7703, and at the Coronado National Forest Supervisor’s Office in Tucson, Arizona, telephone number 520-388-8300.
5. This Order supersedes any previous Orders prohibiting the same acts covered by this Order.
Done at Tucson, Arizona, this 15 day of June, 2020.
Digitally signed by KERWIN DEWBERRY
Date: 2020.06.15 20:21:37
KERWIN S. DEWBERRY
Forest Supervisor Coronado National Forest