Coronado National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
300 W. Congress St.
Tucson, AZ 85701
Please see the Related Information tab below for the links to the official closure map and closure order PDF documents.
Order Number: # 03-05-05-20-017
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
U.S. FOREST SERVICE CORONADO NATIONAL FOREST
SANTA CATALINA RANGER DISTRICT
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(a) and (b), the following acts are prohibited on
the road and within the area described in this Order (the “Restricted Area”) and as depicted on the
attached map, hereby incorporated into this Order as Exhibit A, within the Santa Catalina Ranger
District, Coronado National Forest, Pima County, Arizona.
1. Going into or being upon the restricted area for the protection of public health and safety.
36 C.F.R. § 261.53(e).
2. Being on a trail. 36 C.F.R. § 261.55(a).
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Persons with a written Forest Service authorization specifically exempting them from the
effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or Local Officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting
resource in the performance of an official duty.
The Restricted Area is within Township 11S , Range 14E, All or portions of Sections 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,
8, 32, 33, and 34 specifically all lands within the Catalina State Park Boundary as depicted in
Exhibit A of this Order.
The Catalina State Park Restricted Area includes all lands within the park boundary roughly within
the following description:
From the junction of AZ 77 and Catalina State Park Road west to the Forest boundary. Follow the
Forest boundary north and east to the northwest corner marker of T11S R14 E section 26, Then west
along the section lines to the southwest corner marker of section 28, then north to the
point where AZ 77 crosses the western section line of Section 21. Then south along AZ 77 to the
junction of Catalina State Park Road.
The Restricted Area also includes the entire length of the following National Forest System Trails:
Romero Trail (FT 8), Pima Canyon Trail (FT 62), Finger Rock Trail (FT 42), Linda Vista (FT
49) Pontatoc Trail (FT 410), Pontatoc Ridge Trail (FT 411)
The purpose of this Order is to close the area and trails for the protection of public health and
safety during fire suppression operations.
1. This Order will be effective on June 8, 2020 at midnight, and shall remain in effect until the
Incident Command Post is demobilized, or until rescinded, whichever occurs first.
2. A map identifying the Restricted Area is attached and made part of this Order as Exhibit A.
3. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of not more
than $5,000 for individuals and $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment for not more than six
(6) months, or both (see 16 U.S.C. § 551, 18 U.S.C. § 3571(b)(6), 18 U.S.C. § 3581 (b)(7)).
4. Further information regarding this Order may be obtained at the Santa Catalina Ranger District
located in Tucson, Arizona, telephone number 520-749-7703, and at the Coronado National Forest
Supervisor’s Office in Tucson, Arizona, telephone number 520-388-8300.
5. This Order supersedes any previous Orders prohibiting the same acts covered by this Order.
Done at Tucson, Arizona, this 7th day of June, 2020.
KERWIN S. DEWBERRY
Coronado National Forest