Prescott National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
344 S Cortez St
Prescott, AZ 86303
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
U.S. FOREST SERVICE PRESCOTT NATIONAL FOREST
CHINO VALLEY RANGER DISTRICT
SHERIDAN FIRE PUBLIC SAFETY CLOSURE
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(a), the following act is prohibited within the area described in this Order (the "Restricted Area") and as depicted on the attached map, hereby incorporated into this Order as Exhibit A, within the Chino Valley Ranger District, Prescott National Forest, Yavapai County, Arizona.
I. Going into or being upon the Restricted Area. 36 C.F.R. 261.53(e).
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Persons with a written Forest Service authorization specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or Local Officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting resource in the performance of an official duty.
The Restricted Area encompasses all National Forest System lands within the boundary beginning at County Road (CR) 68 and the Prescott Forest boundary, following CR 68 east for approximately 9 miles to the junction with National Forest System Road (NFSR) 95, then following NFRS 95 for approximately 4 miles north to the junction NFSR 9821B, then following NFSR 9821B east approximately 4 miles to the junction CR 68, then following CR 68 for approximately 1.5 miles east to the junction with the NFSR 9805C, then following NFSR 9805C south for approximately 1 mile to the junction with NFSR 9815B, then following NFSR 9815B west for approximately 1 mile to NFSR 704, then following NFSR 704 south for approximately 3 miles to the junction with CR 124, then following CR 124 west and south for approximately 4.5 miles to the junction with NFSR 705, then following NFSR 705 west for approximately 4 miles to the junction with National Forest System Trail (NFST) 55, then following NFST 55 southwest for approximately 2 miles to NFST 56, then following NFST 56 west to the Prescott National Forest boundary, then following the Prescott National Forest boundary in a general northwest direction back to the point of beginning at the intersection with CR 68.
The National Forest System roads and trails described in the boundary and interior to the boundary are closed, with the exception ofNFSR 95, which will remain open to motor vehicle travel. The County Roads described in the boundary remain open.
To protect the public's health and safety due to the uncontrolled Sheridan Fire on the Prescott National Forest.
1. This Order will be effective on September 07, 2019, at 6:00 am, and shall remain in effect until 6:00 am October 01, 2019, or until rescinded, whichever occurs first.
2. A map identifying the Restricted Area is attached and made part of this Order as Exhibit A.
3. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of not more than $5,000 for individuals and $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment for not more than six (6) months, or both (see 16 U.S.C. § 551, 18 U.S.C. § 3571(b)(6), 18
u.s.c. § 3581(b)(7)).
4. Further information regarding this Order may be obtained at the Bradshaw Ranger District located in Prescott, telephone number 928-443-8000 and at the Prescott National Forest Supervisor's Office in Prescott, telephone number 928-443-8130 and http://www.fs.usda.gov/prescott
This Order supersedes any previous Orders prohibiting the same acts covered by this Order.