Lolo National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
24 Fort Missoula Road
Missoula, MT 59804
WILDFIRE CLOSURE NOTICE-August 7, 2019
THE NATURE CONSERVANCY Beeskove Fire - Emergency Area Closure
PROHIBITIONS: Pursuant to MCA 45-6-203 the following act is prohibited on the area, roads, and trails as described in this Notice until further notice:
1. Going into or being upon the fire area as described below and depicted on the attached map that is closed for the protection of public health and safety.
The Nature Conservancy- Criminal Trespass to property (MCA 45-6-203)
EXEMPTIONS: The following persons are exempt from this Notice:
1. Persons with a permit specifically exempting them from the effect of this Notice.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
3. Employees of The Nature Conservancy in the performance of their duties. CLOSED LANDS DESCRIBED:
o Tl3N R17W:ALL TNC (aka Montana Checkerboard, LLC) Lands. o Tl4N R17W: ALL TNC (aka Montana Checkerbo rd,
#126 north to the junction with West Fork Gold Creek Road #2013, then SOUTHWEST of the West Fork
Gold Creek Road #2103.
o TlSN Rl7W: ALL TNC (aka Montana Checkerboard, LLC) Lands that lie SOUTHWEST ofthe West Fork
Gold Creek Roads #2103 and #4323.
o AS SHOWN on the attached map. .
o Unless specified, all trails and roads that are within and those that make up the boundaries to this area closure are closed due to the Beeskove fire and its associated suppression work.
o NOTE THAT there is also a Lolo National Forest Supervisor's Order for Special Closure on adjacent
Lolo NF lands and associated USFS access roads; see Order# 19-029-LOL0-03.
These closures are necessary to provide protection to visitors from safety hazards associated with the
Beeskove Fire and its associated suppression work.
1. This Notice will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect until rescinded.
2. A map identifying the closure area is attached and made part of this Notice.
3. Any violation of this prohibition shall be punishable to the full extent of the law. Signed in Ovando, Montana, this 7th day of August, 2019.
/s/ Steven Kloetzel
Western Montana Land Steward
The Nature Conservancy in Montana