Mendocino National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
825 N. Humboldt Ave.
Willows, CA 95988
Mendocino Complex Morning Update 8.12.18 7AM
Unified Command Agencies: CAL FIRE, U.S. Forest Service
RANCH FIRE STATUS
Incident Start Date: 07/27/18 Incident Start Time: 12:03 PM Incident Type: Wildland Fire Cause: Under Investigation Incident Location: SR CA-20 at MP 39, Old Lake County SR, Blue Lake, 8 mi NE of Ukiah Acreage: 282,479 acres Containment: 62%
RIVER FIRE STATUS
Incident Start Date: 07/27/18 Incident Start Time: 1:01 PM Incident Type: Wildland Fire Cause: Under Investigation Incident Location: Old River Road, 6 miles north of Hopland Acreage: 48,920 acres Containment: 93%
MENDOCINO COMPLEX TOTALS
Total Acreage: 331,399 Total Containment: 70% Expected Full Containment: 09/01/18 Civilian Injuries/Fatalities: None Firefighter Injuries: 2 Structures Threatened: 1,025 Structures Destroyed: 146 Residences/ 118 Other acres Structures Damaged 13 residences/24 other
CURRENT SITUATION SUMMARY
Last night the Ranch Fire was active in the northeast section of the fire. Today fire crews will continue attempting to contain the northwest portion of the fire, protecting the southern areas of Lake Pillsbury bringing it back into the Mendocino National Forest. There are many constructed dozer lines along the western edge and throughout Potter Valley and below Lake Pillsbury. Fire crews will attempt to contain the fire from progressing west, keeping it south of Eel River. Dozer lines have been constructed in thenortheast corner below Stonyford and contingency dozer lines have been constructed ahead of the fire around Stonyford with additional proposed linesx being scouted. The River Fire had no movement today. Suppression repair along with patrol will continue on the River Fire.
• East of the Lake-Mendocino County Line, south of the Lake-Mendocino- Glenn County Line, west of the Lake- Colusa County Line, north of the fire perimeter and the Mendocino National Forest boundary.
• South of Eel River, west of the Mendocino- Lake county line, east of 10500 block of Mid Mountain Road, and north of Pine Ave. Does not includes residents on Pine Ave.
• The town limits of Stonyford, west to the Colusa-Lake County line and North to Colusa-Glenn County line, Century Ranch sub-division, east and west side of East Park Reservior, Lodoga from Squaw Creek Inn south and all areas West of Bear Valley Road to Hwy 20.
Evacuation Advisory/Warning: Glenn County Evacuation Advisory:
• North of the Glenn County/Colusa County Line, west of County Road 306, south of County Road 308, east of the Mendocino National Forest Boundary.
Road Closures: Lake County:
• Northbound Elk Mountain at Middle Creek Campground
• Northbound Bartlett Springs Road at SR-20
• Southbound County Road 306 ½ north of the Glenn/Colusa County Line
• Twin Pine Casino, 22223 CA-29, Middletown
•Colusa County Veterans Hall,108 E. Main Street Colusa, CA
Animal Evac. Center(s):
Redwood Riders Arena, 8300 East Road, Redwood Valley is accepting horses.
ASSIGNED RESOURCES Engines: 281 Water Tenders: 87 Helicopters: 20 Hand Crews: 61 Dozers: 76 Other: 7 Total Personnel: 3422
Numerous firefighting air tankers from throughout the Western United State are flying fire suppression missions as conditions allow.