Mendocino National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
825 N. Humboldt Ave.
Willows, CA 95988
Mendocino Complex Fire Information
Hours: M-F 8-5 pm
Mendocino Complex Evening Update 8.10.18 7:00PM
Unified Command Agencies: CAL FIRE, U.S. Forest Service
Ranch Fire Summary
Incident Start Date: 07/27/18 Incident Start Time: 12:03 PM Incident Type: Wildland Fire Cause: Under Investigation Incident Location: SR CA-20 at MP 39, Old Lake County SR, Blue Lake, 8 mi NE of Ukiah Acreage: 263,527 acres Containment: 53%
River Fire Summary
Incident Start Date: 07/27/18 Incident Start Time: 1:01 PM Incident Type: Wildland Fire Cause: Under Investigation Incident Location: Old River Road, 6 miles north of Hopland Acreage: 48,920 acres Containment: 90%
MENDOCINO COMPLEX TOTALS
Total Acreage: 312,447 acres Total Containment: 60% Expected Full Containment: 09/01/18 Civilian Injuries/Fatalities: None Firefighter Injuries: 2 Structures Threatened: 1,525 Structures Destroyed: 119 residences / 110 other Structures Damaged: 12 residences/ 15 other
Today Fire crews continued to prep for firing operations around the Pine Mountain Project. Air attack resumed when flight conditions improved later in the day. On the ground, environmental conditions remained a challenge in the north, with tough terrain and heavy smoke limiting accessibility. In the southern portion of the fire containment lines continue to hold and crews are actively patrolling the perimeter. Fire suppression repair crews have begun work in the southwest. The River Fire continues to be patrolled with suppression repair crews on the ground.
• East of the Lake-Mendocino County Line, south of the Lake-Mendocino- Glenn County Line, west of the Lake- Colusa County Line, north of the fire perimeter and the Mendocino National Forest boundary.
• South of Eel River, west of the Mendocino- Lake county line, east of 10500 block of Mid Mountain Road, and north of Pine Ave. Does not includes residents on Pine Ave.
• The town limits of Stonyford, west to the Colusa-Lake County line and North to Colusa-Glenn County line, Century Ranch sub-division, east and west side of East Park Reservior, Lodoga from Squaw Creek Inn south and all areas West of Bear Valley Road to Hwy 20.
Mendocino County Evacuation Warning:
• Mendocino County north of Mid Mountain Road, south of the Eel River, west of the 10500 Block of Mid Mountain Road, and east of East Potters Valley/Eel River Roads.
• The Bureau of Land Management closure of the Cow Mountain Recreation Area remains in effect.
Glenn County Evacuation Advisory:
• North of the Glenn County/Colusa County Line, west of County Road 306, south of County Road 308, east of the Mendocino National Forest Boundary.
•Eastbound Eel River Road at County Road M6 (20N01)
•Eastbound Mid Mountain Road at 11756 Mid Mountain Road
• Northbound Elk Mountain at Middle Creek Campground
• Northbound Bartlett Springs Road at SR-20
• Westbound Brim Road at Bear Valley Road
• Southbound Leesville Ladoga Road at Sites Ladoga Road
• Sites Ladoga Road at Maxwell Sites Road
• Southbound County Road 306 ½ north of the Glenn/Colusa County Line
• Mendocino College, Dance Room at 1000 Hensley Creek Road, Ukiah
• Twin Pine Casino, 22223 CA-29, Middletown
• Colusa County Veterans Hall,108 E. Main Street Colusa, CA
Animal Evac. Center(s):
- Redwood Riders Arena, 8300 East Road, Redwood Valley is accepting horses.
- Animal Care, 298 Plant Road, Ukiah is accepting small animals
Engines: 293 Water Tenders: 92 Helicopters: 20 Hand Crews: 65 Dozers: 80 Other: 7 Total Personnel: 3521
Numerous firefighting air tankers from throughout the Western United State are flying fire suppression missions as conditions allow.
Cooperating Agencies: Potter Valley Fire, Redwood Valley Fire, Ukiah Fire, California Office of Emergency Services, California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, California SR Patrol, Lake County Sheriff’s Office, Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office, Colusa County Sheriff’s Office, Glenn County Sheriff’s Office, California Highway Patrol, Australia and New Zealand Fire, Bureau of Land Management, Hopland Fire, Lakeport Fire, PG&E, AT&T, California Conservation Corps, and additional agencies from throughout California and other States.