Mendocino National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
825 N. Humboldt Ave Willows California 95988
Willows, CA 95988
Mendocino Complex Fire Information
Hours: M-F 8-5 pm
MENDOCINO COMPLEX INCIDENT UPDATE 8.9.2018 7:00PM
Public Information Line: 707-574-8261 Media Line: 707-574-8476
RANCH FIRE STATUS
Incident Start Date: 07/27/18 Incident Start Time: 12:03 PM Incident Type: Wildland Fire Cause: Under Investigation Incident Location: SR CA-20 at MP 39, Old Lake County SR, Blue Lake, 8 mi NE of Ukiah Acreage: 256,232 acres Containment: 49%
RIVER FIRE STATUS
Incident Start Date: 07/27/18 Incident Start Time: 1:01 PM Incident Type: Wildland Fire Cause: Under Investigation Incident Location: Old River Road, 6 miles north of Hopland Acreage: 48,920 acres Containment: 87%
MENDOCINO COMPLEX TOTALS
CAL FIRE Unit: Mendocino Unit, Sonoma-Lake-Napa Unit Unified Command Agencies: CAL FIRE, U.S. Forest Service Total Acreage: 305,152 acres Total Containment: 52% Expected Full Containment: 09/01/18 Civilian Injuries/Fatalities: None Firefighter Injuries: 2 Structures Threatened: 9,200 Structures Destroyed: 119 residences / 110 other Structures Damaged: 12 residences / 15 other
CURRENT SITUATION SUMMARY
The River Fire continues to be monitored. Containment lines are still holding and crews are patrolling the area for any hot spots. Crews are beginning suppression repair and continue to mop up the burned areas. The Ranch Fire fire crews are beginning suppression repair and mop up in the southern section of the fire. The fire crews worked to hold existing dozer lines and continue to add new dozer lines as a contingency plan. In the northern section fire crews are prepping structures and looking for opportunities to go direct on the fire. In the Snow Mountain Wilderness very smoky conditions and steep topography make it challenging to attack the fire front directly. Tonight crews will continue their objectives to searching for viable opportunities to safely engage the fire.
Mandatory Evacuations: Lake County:
• East of the Lake-Mendocino County Line, south of the Lake-Mendocino- Glenn County Line, west of the Lake- Colusa County Line, north of the fire perimeter and the Mendocino National Forest boundary.
• South of Eel River, west of the Mendocino- Lake county line, east of 10500 block of Mid Mountain Road, and north of Pine Ave. Does not includes residents on Pine Ave.
• South of the Glenn/Colusa county line, east of the Lake/Colusa County Line, north of Highway SR-20, and west of Bear Valley/Leesville Ladoga Road/Sites Ladoga Road/County Road 401.
Evacuation Advisory/Warning: Mendocino County Evacuation Warning:
• Mendocino County north of Mid Mountain Road, south of the Eel River, west of the 10500 Block of Mid Mountain Road, and east of East Potters Valley/Eel River Roads.
• The Bureau of Land Management closure of the Cow Mountain Recreation Area remains in effect.County Road 308, east of the Mendocino National Forest Boundary.
Glenn County Evacuation Advisory:
• North of the Glenn County/Colusa County Line, west of County Road 306, south of County Road 308, east of the Mendocino National Forest Boundary. Lake County Evacuation Advisory:
• North of Clear Lake Water’s Edge, North of 11th Street, East of Highway 29, South of the fire perimeter, and west of New Long Valley Road.
• North of SR 20, east of New Long Valley Road, south of Bartlett Springs Road, west of Lake-Colusa County Line.
Road Closures: Mendocino County
•Eel River Road at County Road M6 (20N01)
•11756 Mid Mountain Road
•Elk Mountain at Middle Creek
•Northbound Bartlett Springs Road at SR-20
Colusa CountyNorthbound Bear Valley at SR-20