Salmon-Challis National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
1206 S. Challis Street
Salmon, ID 83467
Order Number: 0412-524
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
PAYETTE NATIONAL FOREST
KRASSEL RANGER DISTRICT
Kiwah Fire - Road #1290
(For Public Safety)
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50 (a) and (b), the following act is prohibited on the National Forest System Road described in this Order, within the administrative boundaries of the Krassel Ranger District, Payette National Forest. This Order will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect through October 31, 2018, unless rescinded earlier by the Forest Supervisor.
1. Being on the Road described below. 36 CFR 261.54(e)
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Persons with a special use authorization or other Forest Service authorization specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or local law enforcement officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
3. Federal or State administrative personnel in the performance of an official duty.
National Forest System (NFS) Road #1290 (Meadow Creek Road) is described as beginning from its intersection with NFS Road 375 near Monumental Summit located in Township 18N, Range lOE, NE Section 18 and continuing to Meadow Ridge located in Township 18N, Range 9E, SE Section 32, Boise Meridian.
The above described Road, as shown on the attached map, is within the Krassel Ranger District, Payette National Forest, Boise Meridian, Valley County, ID.
To provide for public safety due to hazards associated with the Kiwah Fire, the above described Road is closed to all public use.
1. This Order will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect through October 31, 2018, unless rescinded earlier by the Forest Supervisor.
2. A map identifying the above-described Road is attached to and made part of this Order.
3. Any violation of this Order is punishable by a fine of not more than $5000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, and/or imprisonment for not more than six months [Title 16 USC 551, Title 18 USC 357l(b)(6), Title 18 USC 3581 (b)(7)] .
4. This Order supersedes any previous Orders/notices for the above-described Roads or portions thereof.
5. Further information regarding this Order may be obtained at the Payette National Forest Supervisor's Office (208-634-0700) in McCall, ID and the Krassel Ranger District (208-634-0600) in McCall, ID.
Done at McCall, Idaho this 11th day of August, 2018.
/s/ Keith B. Lannom
Payette National Forest