Sierra National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
Clovis, CA 93611
EVACUATION LIFTED FOR FERGUSON FIRE AREA
Ponderosa Basin and Highway 140 Corridor
Evacuation Orders were lifted at 7 p.m. tonight for the below listed locations. These areas will be open to residents only and will remain under a Fire Advisement. Areas under a Fire Advisement have the potential of being evacuated should conditions change.
Evacuation areas lifted:
· Ponderosa Basin: This will include the entire Ponderosa Basin area for RESIDENTS ONLY. All residents will need to enter using Highway 49 South to Chowchilla Mountain Road. Harris Road at Highway 49 South will remain closed.
· Highway 140 Corridor: This area will include the following for RESIDENTS ONLY: Savages Trading Post, Cedar Lodge, Indian Flat, Incline Road, Rancheria Flat-Government Housing and the National Park Service El Portal Complex. All residents will need to enter using Highway 140 in the Midpines area.
Evacuation Orders remain in effect for:
· Old El Portal
· El Portal Trailer Court
· Park Line/Yosemite View Lodge
· Highway 140 from 1.5 miles west of Midpines to the Foresta Bridge – open to RESIDENTS ONLY
· Highway 140 from Foresta Bridge to Yosemite National Park entrance
· El Portal Road
· Foresta Road from El Portal Road to Foresta
Due to the large amount of emergency equipment in the area, speed control will also be enforced. General Information
Mariposa County Sheriff’s Office will have a heavy presence in the area to ensure the security and safety of residents and businesses.
There will still be smoke in the respective areas as firefighters continue firefighting operations. If at any time you feel unsafe, please call 911.
For questions or concerns regarding power, please contact PG&E at 800-743-5000 or visit its website at www.pge.com
The Mariposa County Health Department has health and safety information for residents returning to their homes on its website at http://www.mariposacounty.org/health or call 209-966-3689.
Mariposa County Public Works will be at the Ponderosa Basin Fire Station from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. through Aug. 1 to provide FREE residential spoiled food waste.
Mariposa County Health and Human Services will be available to assist residents with gaining additional services. Additional information regarding these and other services is available at www.mariposacountyrecovers.org
SAFETY MESSAGE – The public is reminded to stay vigilant on current fire conditions. Please continue to adhere to road closures and any evacuation warnings. If you see electrical wires on the ground, stay clear and contact PG&E immediately. Trees and poles with deep charring, particularly if still smoking, should be considered hazardous. Please drive slowly and yield to emergency personnel in the area. As you re-enter your property and evaluate damage, be aware that hazardous conditions may exist, particularly if a residence or out-building has burned. Hazards may include asbestos, heavy metals, by-products of plastic combustion and various other chemicals.
We encourage the public to remain prepared year-round for wildfires by visiting the www.readyforwildfire.org website. The best show of support is having your home and property “fire-ready.”