Sierra National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
Clovis, CA 93611
Engines: 241 Water Tenders: 47 Helicopters: 18 Crews: 94 Dozers: 63 Total Personnel: 3,686
Firefighters worked through the night to expand and strengthen containment lines around the Ferguson Fire. The fire grew by 1,723 acres overnight to a total of 43,299 acres as of 6 a.m. Containment is at 27 percent.
Firefighters and bulldozers worked through the night improving and expanding containment lines, particularly near Magoon Creek, to isolate the spread of a fire that had slopped over an existing containment line the previous morning along the fire’s southern perimeter.
Along the north edge of the fire, bulldozers and firefighters completed a containment line from the Five Corners area to Pilot Peak. Meanwhile crews worked to dig a containment line from the boundary of the Stanislaus National Forest to the fire’s perimeter.
Crews were successful in completing containment lines around the community of Wanona along the fire’s east side. Firing operations expanded the width of the containment line protecting the community of El Portal to more than 500 feet in some areas.
While some residents were allowed to return to their homes in portions of Jerseydale and Mariposa Pines southwest of the fire, crews continued patrolling structures and monitoring containment lines within areas still under evacuation.
Yosemite National Park closure: Yosemite National Park officials enacted closures today for the Yosemite Valley and Wawona areas, as well as the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias. For information on Yosemite National Park, go to: nps.gov/yose or call 209-372-0200.
Community Meetings: Representatives from the U.S. Forest Service, CAL FIRE and Mariposa County Sheriff’s Office will present an overview of the current situation and containment efforts at two upcoming community meetings:
· Mariposa: 6 p.m. Thursday, July 26, at the Mariposa Fairgrounds, Sequoia Hall.
· Groveland: 6 p.m. Friday, July 27, at Tenaya Elementary School.
Mandatory Evacuations: Areas that are currently under a mandatory evacuation include:
· Anderson Valley
· Cedar Lodge/Indian Flat Campground
· East Westfall Road to Chowchilla Mountain Road, and all side roads
· El Portal Trailer Court
· Incline Road from Foresta Bridge to the last BLM campground
· Lushmeadows Community
· Old El Portal
· Old Yosemite Road
· Ponderosa Basin Community
· Rancheria Flat – Government Housing
· Savage’s Trading Post
· Tip Top Road from Triangle Road to Gunther Road, including Gunther Road
· Triangle Road from Darrah Road in the Lushmeadows area to Highway 49 South, and all side roads
· Yosemite View Lodge
· Yosemite West
Advisory Evacuations: This is NOT an Evacuation Order. This is an advisement only of a potential Evacuation Order should conditions change.
· Darrah Road from Triangle Road to Sherrod Road
· East side of Highway 49 South from Darrah Road to Triangle Road. This includes Boyer Road, Woodland Area, Wass Road and Tip Top Road.
· Mariposa Pines/Jerseydale Road
· Sweetwater Ridge
· Highway 49 South from Stumpfield Mountain Road to the Mariposa-Madera County Line, including Kemble Road, Stumpfield Mountain Road and Watt Road
· Triangle Road from Jerseydale Road to Highway 49 South, including all side roads.
Road Closures:Highway 140 is closed from the entrance of Yosemite National Park to 1.5 miles east of Midpines. Incline Road, River Road from Briceburg to the gate at Railroad Flat and all Campground areas along Highway 140 closed. Hites Cove/Jerseydale Road, Foresta Road, Anderson Valley Road, Summit Road and Old Yosemite Road.
Triangle Road from Darrah Road to Highway 49 South; East Westfall Road.
Chowchilla Mountain Road at Highway 49 South, Harris Road at Highway 49 South, Tip Top Road from Triangle Road to Gunther Road, all roads inside the Lushmeadows subdivision, and all roads inside the Ponderosa Basin subdivision.
Wawona Road (Highway 41) between Chilnualna Falls Road in Wawona and Bridalveil Falls Road in Yosemite Valley.
Red Cross Shelters:
· Mariposa Elementary School, 5044 Jones St., Mariposa, CA 95338
· Small animals: Mariposa Elementary School, 5044 Jones St., Mariposa, CA 95338.
· Large animals: 5007 Fairgrounds Road, Mariposa, CA 95338.