Southeast Region-Department of Natural Resources
713 Bowers Road
Ellensburg , WA 98926
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
ORDER NO. 06-17-07-17-05
EMERGENCY ROAD & TRAIL CLOSURES
Pursuant to 16 USC § 551 and 36 CFR § 261.50 (a) and (b), the following acts are prohibited upon National Forest Roads and Trails on the Wenatchee River Ranger District within the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest as described below and shown in Exhibit “A”. This Order will be effective beginning July 9, 2018 until rescinded.
1. USE BY ANY TYPE OF TRAFFIC ON NATIONAL FOREST SYSTEM ROADS listed below and shown on Exhibit “A” [36 CFR 261.54(b)]
2. BEING ON ANY NATIONAL FOREST SYSTEM TRAILS listed below and shown on Exhibit “A” [36CFR261.55(a)]
CLOSED NATIONAL FOREST SYSTEM ROADS AND TRAILS:
For the purposes of this order, any type of travel is prohibited on the following Forest Service Roads (FSR) and Forest Service System Trails due to fire
· Forest Service Road (FSR) 7200 beginning at the Junction with FSR 124, (T.23N, R18E, Sec.28). South to the junction with FSR 140 (T.22N, R.18E, Sec. 4) continuing west northwest on FSR 140 to the junction with FSR 7200 & 250, (T. 23N, R.17E, Sec.6) continuing Northwest on FSR 7204 to the junction with State Highway 97. (T.23N, R.17E, Sec. 36)
· Forest Service Road (FSR) 7104 beginning at the confluence of Poison Creek and Sand Creek (T. 23N, R.18E, Sec.6) in its entirety.
· Forest Service Trail No, 1223 (Red Hill) beginning at the Trailhead (T.18N., R.18E., Sec,2) to the junction with Forest Service Trail No.1223.1 (T. 18N., R.18E., Sec.13)
· Forest Service Trail No. 1221 (Red Devil) beginning at Red Hill Trailhead (T.18N, R.18E, Sec.2) south to Devils Gulch Trailhead (T.22N, R.18E, Sec.18)
See map attached as Exhibit A.
Pursuant to 36 CFR § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this order:
1. Persons with a permit specifically authorizing the otherwise prohibited act or omission.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of any organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
This prohibition is in addition to the general prohibitions in 36 C.F.R. Part 261, Subpart A.
ORDER NO. 06-17-07-17-05
Executed in Wenatchee, Washington this ___11th____day of July, 2018.
Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest
Violations of this prohibition is punishable as a Class B Misdemeanor, by a fine of not more than $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or both (16 USC § 551; 18 USC § 3559 and 18USC § 3571).