Current Situation: The fire remains at 1139 acres with 5% containment. Fire behavior was relatively stable today. Minimal growth is expected this evening except for roll out: the downhill movement of rocks and burning material. This terrain is rugged and steep and burning in chaparral and large timber. Conditions are difficult for firefighters with high temperatures and accessibility. Weather conditions are expected to be similar tomorrow but changes may occur on Tuesday.
Evacuations: Mountain Home and Forest Falls evacuations have been lifted; residents only with ID will be allowed through the road closure.
- Highway 38 from Bryant Street to the south side of Angelus Oaks is closed. Only residents with ID will be allowed through to the Mountain Home and Forest Falls communities.
- No public access between the Valley of the Falls turnout and Angelus Oaks on Highway 38 due to yesterday’s mudslide and fire activity.
- Highway 38 from Lake Williams Boulevard to Sugar Pines Circle south of Angelus Oaks is open to residents and campers. Public campgrounds and organizational camps are open, including the Barton Flats area.
- Highway 38 from the Big Bear side (330/18/38) is the only access to Angelus Oaks and Barton Flats.
- Momyer Trail, Vivian Creek Trail, San Bernardino Peak Trail & Big Falls Picnic Area are all closed.
- All trails in the San Gorgonio Wilderness are under emergency closure.
- A full list of Closed Recreation Sites is available at the San Bernardino National Forest website.
Unified Command: CAL FIRE, San Bernardino County Fire, San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, U.S. Forest Service
Cooperating Agencies: BLM, California Highway Patrol, California Office of Emergency Services, San Bernardino County Office of Emergency Service, CALTRANS, San Bernardino County Animal Control, American Red Cross, Southern California Edison