PO Box 5 Ute Park New Mexico 87749
Ute Park, NM 87749
EAST SIDE VALLE VIDAL TEMPORARY AREA CLOSURE
Pursuant to 16 USC 55 l and 36 CFR 261.50 (a), and (b). the following acts are prohibited within the area
described in this Order (the "restricted area"), and as depicted on the attached map , hereby incorporated into this Order as Exhibit A, the Questa Ranger District, Carson National Forest, Colfax
County within the State of New Mexico .
1. It is prohibited to go into or be upon the restricted area within the east side of the Valle Vidal Unit. 36 CFR 261.53(e)
2. Being on the road. 36 CFR 26l.54(e) EXEMPTIONS
Pursuant to 36 CFR 26l.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
l. Persons with a Forest Service permit specifically authorizing the otherwise prohibited act or omission.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
3. Residents in the area accessing private property via a restricted Forest Service road to the extent necessary to gain access to their private property.
4. Persons engaged in a business, trade or occupation in the area.
Portions of land located within and adjacent to T. 29 N., R16£., as described here and wholly contained within the boundaries of the Valle Vidal Unit, from the junction of FR19l0 and FRl950 to the east extending to the Valle Vidal Unit boundary, excluding FR 1910 from the junction of FR I910 and FR I 950 to Cimarron Campground, including trails, parking areas and roads, more specifically depicted on the attached Closure Order Map, Exhibit A.
The purpose of this Order is to provide for public health and safety and to protect facility resources during potential fire suppression and rehabilitation operations on the Ute Park fire.
1. This Order is effective when signed and will remain in effect until June 30, 2018 or until rescinded.
2. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for individuals and $10, 000.00 for organizations, or by imprisonment for not more than six (6) months,
or both. [Title I 6 USC 55 1, Title 18 USC 3559, 3571, and 3581]
3. This Order supersedes, rescinds, and replaces any previous orders prohibiting the same acts covered by the order.
Done at Taos, New Mexico, this 2nd day of June, 2018
/s/ James D. Duran
Carson National Forest