Big Cypress National Preserve
National Park Service
Ochopee, FL 34141
W22 (BICY VRP)
Pursuant to the authority granted in 36 Code of Federal Regulations 1.5 (a)(1), due to wildfire fire activity in Big Cypress National Preserve, a temporary closure order is required to maintain public safety and minimize public interference with firefighting operations and personnel.
This temporary closure regarding fires is effective immediately.
Please refer to the provided map and area description below, closures include the following areas: Closures:
• Everything east of the Florida Trail, not including the Florida Trail.
• Everything south of Bamboo Strand.
• Everything west of Big Cypress National Preserve Boundary Line.
• Everything north of Rock Road.
The following adjacent areas will remain open:
• Private lands in the designated area; residents should use caution and notify the Fire Duty Officer of entry by calling (239)719-0241.
These areas are closed to all recreational use, including Off-Road Vehicle (ORV), hiking, camping, and commercial activities due to safety concerns related to the wildfire in the area.
The public will be advised of the implementation and subsequent termination of this closure by press release and the posting of signs in the appropriate areas.
This closure order is necessary for maintaining public safety due to the danger of fire activities.
This closure is hereby implemented effective immediately and will be lifted when fire conditions permit.
Approval Tamara Whittington, Superintendent