Klamath National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
1711 S. Main St.
Yreka, CA 96097
Contingent upon weather conditions and local burn day restrictions, the Salmon/Scott River Ranger District of the Klamath National Forest will be conducting the following prescribed burning project April 3rd , 2018
• Project Name: Scott Bar Mountain Underburn and Habitat Improvement
• Agency contact: USFS/KNF/Scott River Clint Isbell 530-598-4079 or Josh Schmalenberger 530-598-9393
• Legal Location: T44N R11W SEC 26
• Descriptive Location: Scott Bar Mountain – 12 miles west of Fort Jones, CA down the Scott River Drainage. Block 2 – Unit 3-A (See attached map).
• Type: Underburn
• Total Acreage: 45 acres
• Planned Ignition: Tuesday, April 3 – After 10am
• Duration: Ignition 1 day, Smoke Production 2 to 3 days
• Estimated Direction of Smoke Travel: East
• Communities or Smoke Sensitive Areas: Scott River corridor including Scott Bar – smoke will be monitored and ignition will cease if impacting populated areas